Vortech pump placement

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by pvv, 27 Mar 2013.

1. pvv

pvv

Hi i need help with the placement of my mp40,as my specs is 1600x650x650 and my overflow is in the middle of my tank.I have placed it on the right side for now but i am not sure can someone assist me pls:(

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

:welcomewave: Have fun
    That would be fine. Do you have any other flow pumps in the tank? One or two on the oposite side would be perfect, obviously another MP40, so that they can work in unison?

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Place it on either end of the tank, little bit off the centre. More to the front and a bit up. In 10 o'clock position. So that it misses the corals and rock stack.

5. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

i have changed the name of the thread to "vortech pump placement" you should get a better response now ;)

6. pvv

pvv Thread Starter

riaan thanks man i have put more pics on i will reset the mp40 tonight how far from the top and what setting,had it on lagoon,now on nutrient some thing,still new with this pump,thanks for your help

7. pvv

pvv Thread Starter

thanks a lot app it

8. pvv

pvv Thread Starter

i only have the one mp 40 for now will get later,or i must put my old wave maker in just for now

9. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Yeah, put your old one in, there is never enough flow. This will also keep your tank from having dentritus settlement

10. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

your side panel is 650 by 650.

First depending on your rock stack, and how high it is. If flat I would place pump in the centre.

Else if high rock stack towards the back of tank, I would place pump at about 200mm from the front and 200mm from the water level.

It really depends on your live roack stack and coral placements. You do not want to blow water hard into softie or LPS corals. Where SPS would love it.

Recent Posts