Vodka

Mekaeel

Reaction score
howzit guys.can some of our gurus and those who have use vodka in their systems enlighten me more about the benefits and drawbacks of vodka.aswell as dosage etc...
i do believe its used in the zeo range aswell.
thank you
mekaeel

I have heard the same thing, however unless I understand 100% of why, what how and end result in my system I will stick to drinking the potato juice.

I think it has something to do with feeding bacteria.

The short version is that it's a carbon source, thus promoting bacterial growth.

hahaha i can just picture myself with my dads vodka bottle in my hands trying to explain that i was dosing my tank(im only 15)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is something that must be researched properly and used with caution in the begining as you work up to about 1ml per 1000L of water i think. It is very similar to the Zeo Start product. It is a carbon source for feeding bacteria good and bad. Bob the reef builder uses the method i am sure he will explain better than any of us can.

alan ive just seen read this on afaquas link
"My tank has low nitrate of 1~2ppm and main problem was with the PO4. Well as nitrate is the limiting fact, infact I got a algae boon adding Volka. Amount of Volka as far less than what the german reefers recommended, I'm using 0.5ml of Volka per 100L of tank water. "

i think vodkha for purity. White spirit vinegar another carbon source that will also get the job done .

Back
Top Bottom