vodka,vinegar or sugar

Discussion in 'Chemical Filtration / Low Nutrient Systems - LNS' started by frankie fish, 28 Jan 2012.

1. frankie fish

frankie fish

i am planning to start carbon dosing,but i neet some help pls,firstly,what would work best,vinegar,vodka or sugar? Iread that vodka causes cyno in some systems,but it's a great source of carbon. On reefcentral i read that people mix 75% vinegar and 25% vodka. Is there anybody that can help me pls with the start-up of carbon dosing,and the effects of it,as i'm currently running a ats,purigen and phosgaurd. thnx:peroni::thumbup::1:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

Why not run Bio pellets in a fluidized reactor, very effecient and effective.

4. crispin

crispin

personally ive found that a godo brand of vodca is the easiest and 'cleanest' source of carbon to dose. although i would also suggest going with Alans suggestion of NP reactor, if youve read up correctkly on their useage.

Recent Posts