Vleis's Solo Pico “Master Creation”. AKA Best Reefer in the world.

Vleis Visagie

Be good or be good at it
Reaction score
Aweh likkewaan. Update time. Hows the corals doing?
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Still so so. Really Contemplating a reboot. Something is just off since those power outages a few months ago. I know its long ago, but feel it is still has them coral stressed or sumthing..... Waterchanges every 3days should've sorted out what i want to sort out with carbon now?. Ahh well. Not gonna do something drastic, maybe just an 80% WC. LUL

20L wc in a 30L tank.

Reaction score
Thinking that you're doing to many water changes. Nitrates and Phosphates probably -5ppm by now. That won't be good at all. Have you tested the levels lately. Maybe corals are starving. Maybe cut back on WC's and AF dosing for a while and see if you can get the tank back on track? Best of luck and hang in there!

Ruba

Last edited:

Vleis Visagie

Be good or be good at it
Reaction score
Thinking that you're doing to many water changes. Nitrates and Phosphates probably -5ppm by now. That won't be good at all. Have you tested the levels lately. Maybe corals are starving. Maybe cut back on WC's and AF dosing for a while and see if you can get the tank back on track? Best of luck and hang in there!

Ruba

That is the thing.
No3 = 10ppm
Po4 = 0.00>0.03ppm (was very difficult to see blue, still not sure if i did see blue)

I was off AF for like 40-50days no diff

Maybe it needs a fishy

Vleis Visagie

Be good or be good at it
Reaction score
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LAZY REEFING issues... Heheheheh

The last few weeks things havent been looking 100% in the tank & i just blamed it on power outages i had & some other stuff....

I started the pico cuz i dnt want a high maintenance tank right now, life is way to busy right now ( playing PUBG:m87::m87: LOL).

I was doing 15% WC every 3 days & hoped that will keep everything in check, dammit they recommend doing 10% every week & i was way clear of that. I did every 3days to keep nutrients down.......

Well Yesterday for the 1st time in 10/11 months my TURBANARIA asked my very nicely to test water, she flashed me with some white skin, but i like purple more... So yeah something not leke....

Mg - 1320
Ca - 440
Testing went well till i came to DKH :m20::m24:

DKH = 5.6.. Reading might be lower as i was confused by all the shades of pink (what is considered BRIGHT pink)

So i am gonna start a new experiment that i have been thinking about this week... 500ml WC every day which accounts for 1.666666666666667 % of my water volume & i will do a BIG 50% every month for nutrients if need be (internet called me out & said its not efficient for nutrient export to do 1% everyday)

Im gonna do 10% WC everyday till my DKH is up & then the experiment will start.

Ill have a 20l bucket with premix salt & just scoop 500ml out everyday, dnt worry ill check sg in the bucket as well (evaporation will obviously occur there as well)

THANK YOU COME AGAIN

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im gonna do 10% WC everyday till my DKH is up & then the experiment will start.

Ill have a 20l bucket with premix salt & just scoop 500ml out everyday, dnt worry ill check sg in the bucket as well (evaporation will obviously occur there as well)

THANK YOU COME AGAIN
Total wast of time, get dKh from @Christo and dose to get to the right level

Reaction score
I was doing 15% WC every 3 days & hoped that will keep everything in check, dammit they recommend doing 10% every week & i was way clear of that. I did every 3days to keep nutrients down.......

Well Yesterday for the 1st time in 10/11 months my TURBANARIA asked my very nicely to test water, she flashed me with some white skin, but i like purple more... So yeah something not leke....
plus

That is the thing.
No3 = 10ppm
Po4 = 0.00>0.03ppm (was very difficult to see blue, still not sure if i did see blue)
Maybe worth having a look there too - maybe need some more poo to keep up with the wc's - zero po4 will be bad for mr turbanaria

add fishy or coral food to raise that po4 will possibly also help bring that no3 down if thats what your trying to do with the wc's

Last edited: