Vitamin enriched brine?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Mc, 31 Oct 2011.

1. Mc

Mc

Hi All.

I bought some ocean nutrition vitamin enriched brine on saturday, I was just wondering if I need to rinse it like I do with the regullar brine or if that would take away the vitamin content?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. mandarinman

mandarinman

rinse it gently for a short period of time. those small tea strainers are cool

4. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

I also defrost mine in RO water with the Tea Strainer...wasn't sure about the loss of Vitamin content, so I decided to add a drop or two of Vitazin..then I feed them...

5. Mc

Mc Thread Starter

Cool im gonna rinse them a bit tonite before I feed just hope that all the vitamins don't wash away.
    I can't find anything about that on the packaging.

6. archiecrain

archiecrain

On their website they claim you do not need to rinse before adding to the tank.....If your not feeding that much of the stuff I personaly wouldn't rinse it as that would seem counter productive on the vitamin enriched stuff....

7. belindamotion

Hi Mc..there is a debate about the whole "rinse vs don't rinse"...you can read it if you want..
    Urgent help needed Fish Dying for no reason - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Whether you decide to rinse or not is entirely up to you...I decided to err on the side of caution and have, since reading this Thread, opted to rinse...it's like a few minutes extra, and my fishes are worth it..I opted for the reasoning of "better safe than sorry"...I too was worried about the Vitamin issue, hence the reason I now soak it for a few seconds in Vitazin..

8. Mc

Mc Thread Starter

Thanks Belinda I do remeber reading this, it is the reason I started rinsing my food in the first place. The only difference is that food wasn't enriched like archiecrain says it seems a bit pointless. I still don't want to take any chances so I think im gonna just rinse them lightly.

9. belindamotion

Yip..you sound just like me..:lol: Better safe, than sorry...:p

Last edited: 31 Oct 2011
  10. Mc

Mc Thread Starter

Yep my tank is just starting to look good I wouldn't wanna mess it up now.:biggrin:
    I also had a phosphate problem a while back where my phosphates were up to 5.0mg/l, my algae went crazy and the only source I could think of was the food, thats why I now rinse my food.

Recent Posts