Vinegar dosing?

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
I came across this vinegar dosing table that @NJH posted in an older thread.

Am I reading it correctly in that after 16 weeks you will be dosing over 60ml of vinegar every day into a 100 litre nano tank?

vinegar dosing.jpg

Yes. But the article that the table comes from suggests going to maintenance dose once parameters are where you want.
I'm currently dosing around 150ml per day on my roughly 450ltr system

What will maintenance dose be? Do you just cut your dose what you dose then into half???

meaning 750ml vinegar will only last 12 days on week 16 where as with NoPoX i will only add 2.1ml on 25g daily meaning a bottle will last me 240 days. seams to be the cheaper alternative.

meaning 750ml vinegar will only last 12 days on week 16 where as with NoPoX i will only add 2.1ml on 25g daily meaning a bottle will last me 240 days. seams to be the cheaper alternative.
That's what I'm thinking, although I think going the VSV (Vodka, Sugar, Vinegar) route will be even better as you start your dosing on 0.1ml per 75 litres on that method. Dosing seems to be fairly similar to nopox dosing, it's a lot less than vinegar alone. Probiotics: DIY Organic Carbon Sources | Coral Magazine

I'm currently dosing VSV on a 210 liter system dosing 1ml every 6 hours via a doser.
That sounds much better, lol, think I'm going to try the VSV method. How are you finding it, is it working in reducing Nitrates and Phosphates?

That sounds much better, lol, think I'm going to try the VSV method. How are you finding it, is it working in reducing Nitrates and Phosphates?
Currently po4 is zero dont get any reading, as for no3 I dose daily to try to keep it constant at 2ppm. I did an experiment where I have dosed 30ml no3 that increased my no3 from 0.2 ppm to 25ppm and this was reduced in 18hours to 10ppm, going to test tonight to get my new reading without dosing any no3 again...

Just a question . I dont see any reference on the table at the top to ml are you sure they not refering to fl.oz as a measurment as it would seem strange to use imperial gallons and then dose in metric quantities ? if it is fl.oz then holy smokes thats a lot of vinigar , is there link to the article o_O

I'm currently dosing VSV on a 210 liter system dosing 1ml every 6 hours via a doser.
Are you using normal sugar?
Just a question . I dont see any reference on the table at the top to ml are you sure they not refering to fl.oz as a measurment as it would seem strange to use imperial gallons and then dose in metric quantities ? if it is fl.oz then holy smokes thats a lot of vinigar , is there link to the article o_O
Good point. I haven't got a link to the article. @459b might have.

Are you using normal sugar?
Yes normal white sugar...
My mix is as follows:
200ml pure unflavored vodka
50ml white vinegar
1.5 tbsp sugar

However I want to experiment by adding 1 tbsp vitamin c powder... will try this with my next batch... Please note I keep this in the refrigerator and only fill my dosing container with a small amount as I dose only 1ml ever 6 hours...

im leaving for easter tonight. i blacked out my tank so it will then run dark for 6 days. Then no algae. wil see if i can dose the rest NoPoX till bottle is empty ten switch to VSV. anybody selling or donating:whistling: a doser? im not dosing anything else will only dose the VSV mix.

That's what I'm thinking, although I think going the VSV (Vodka, Sugar, Vinegar) route will be even better as you start your dosing on 0.1ml per 75 litres on that method. Dosing seems to be fairly similar to nopox dosing, it's a lot less than vinegar alone. Probiotics: DIY Organic Carbon Sources | Coral Magazine

my nano measured at 70L. meaning on that mixture of 250ml itll lat me 2500 days???? Brainfart much?

Back
Top Bottom