Video: FoxFace attacks Fighting Conch??

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by ReefMaster, 20 Dec 2011.

1. ReefMaster

ReefMaster

Hi Guys,

I had my camera setup and just in that moment I saw the Foxface 'attacking' the fighting conch who was on the glass or was he trying to peck some algae off the conch shell.... watch the video and you be the judge

I only trimmed a segment as Foxy was at it for at least 10 minutes and then just gave up or had enough algae. If you look close enough you can see the teeth of the FoxFace which ive seen for the first time

What are your thoughts on this

Video Link

Here is a close up image of the Fighting Conch

[​IMG]

Visit my 'Ocean of Life' at Oceanseeker's 500l Aquarium

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Dec 2011
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Achilles

Achilles

i have to say i think he thought that part of the shell was algae as he never went for exposed flesh

4. ReefMaster

ReefMaster Thread Starter

The conch was against the glass and in a way protected by his shell, the gap was too small to get to any flesh. With this being a first time occurance, I would put it down to going after some algae as its not a normal behaviour to attach flesh

5. finrott

finrott

No doubt in my mind that it was a mistaken identity.... check the color of the mantil and insides of the animal... looks green to me ;)

6. ReefMaster

ReefMaster Thread Starter

Incase anyone is interested, here is a pic of the Fighting conch from another perspective

[​IMG]

Recent Posts