Very slow Pc

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has this problem. Ever Since the top Pics (Wiki Thingies) has been added, my page waits a long time to open cause it is downloading the pics. Never used to be like that. Or am I halusanating (Spelling) here???- and its allright Dean, you do not need to answer this one...LoL:whistling:

Reaction score
are you on dialup? if so i can imagine it'll take a long time to load all the pics... perhaps one can disable those pics as a "user preference" (for all the dialup guys)? admins?

Reaction score
Well, I'm on HSDPA 7.2 and it does seem to take a bit longer... haven't really taken notice till now... lol...

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
Are you talking about on the Forums page? Click on the little - on the top right corner. It doesn't load the pics then until you click the +.

Reaction score
How much RAM do you have on your machine?

Reaction score
I have a New Pc (last one packed up about amonth ago), Ram is 1.024 Gig, no dial up- Hsdpa and it never used to be slow, until the piccie thingies came up....

Reaction score
I have a New Pc (last one packed up about amonth ago), Ram is 1.024 Gig, no dial up- Hsdpa and it never used to be slow, until the piccie thingies came up....
Hehe, you are a reefer that is 4sure. look at how you type the amount of RAM - 1.024 instead of 1024:p

Sorry then I cannot help you, without being at/in front of the pc. Hope you manage to sort it out.

Reaction score
Hehe, you are a reefer that is 4sure. look at how you type the amount of RAM - 1.024 instead of 1024:p

Sorry then I cannot help you, without being at/in front of the pc. Hope you manage to sort it out.
He He, so used to test Salinity, only realise it now:lol: :lol: :lol: :blushing:

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
AWESOME Sean! Salinity syntax instead of RAM syntax! Good one man!
RE you problem with the PC - yeah - the pics COULD perhaps take a bit longer to load - I see that someone (perhaps Viper?) used a new applet for the pics on the main "Home" page.... Perhaps this applet downloads first before loading the thumbnails of the pics.... I don't think it has to do with your connection as such. Perhaps just a way your web-broswer deals with this...

What web-browser are you using? If FireFox, try IE (heaven forbid ;-), otherwise try and download Opera - and see if there is any change in the issue. Also - perhaps try and clean out your web-browser cache, and PC temporary files.... Defrag your hard-drive, and then see if you have any improvement in the PC speed!

Good luck man.