very sad

mike Bushie

Chromis
Reaction score
My puffer fish decided this world was not good enough and decided to commit suicide. i am shattered he was my favorite fish. Why do fish do this Stress??? he has been fine for like 3 months in my tank what do you think happened.

martin

Reef Adict
Reaction score
Hey man sorry about your loss.

crispin

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
awwww mike sorry to hear that, puffers certainly are wonderful fish.

how did he commit suicide exactly? did he jump?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Mike - can you please elaborate on EXACTLY what you saw, experienced and what the water parameters are, during this past few days?

Did the fish still eat the last 2 / 3 days?

mike Bushie

Chromis
Reaction score
crispin yep took he took a jump. when i woke up i was looking for the guy in the tank and could not find him looked at the back and there he was in on the floor.
jacquesb: he was eating fine even that day. I did a water change that day and everything was fine. used natural sea water that i brought up from the coast ( which i tested first and ps best quality water i have ever seen with testing). the only thing is i did see him eating one floating zoe head which had come off my urchin???

i am definitely going to get another one they are such cool fish really upset.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry about your loss man - sucks if fish think they can fly :(

dallasg

Reaction score
Sorry to hear
Posted via Mobile Device

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
dude sorry to hear, being the characters they are its possible he chased a moth or something and tried to catch it? i wouldent put it past them.. either way its a loss..

Dohn

Damsel
Reaction score
My convict/engineer goby did the same thing today. Found him on the floor and got a fright, thought it was a small snake and then it dawned on me that it was my pride and joy on the floor.
My wifes gonna be in the dog box for a long time for not spotting it.
Really sad.

mandarinman

Achilles Tang
Reaction score
sorry about the loss, i heard that a night light helps em not get a fright and jump. when we turn of room lights or turn them on can cause problem. please note this is hearsay and not personal experience

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
sorry about the loss, i heard that a night light helps em not get a fright and jump. when we turn of room lights or turn them on can cause problem. please note this is hearsay and not personal experience

there is much anecdotal evidence to support this, this is why moonlights and actinics are quite popular to ease the major change when Mh lights go on or off.