[wtd] Velvet Nudi

Reaction score
Hi all , is there anyone in Jozi that could help me get my hand on a velvet Nudi ? Im on a mission too find one before my flatworm issue becomes a nightmare . Thanks

I've neen trying for quite some time to get these nudis but someone has to import them fir you if they are available. Not available in SA

No I haven't. Tried corals but they only sell to registered Pet shops and it is very expensive. Always had a LFS order livestock for me if I needed anything from abroad.

Hi, I am also looking for one or possibly 2 if available.
Alternatively does anyone have good experience with flatworms removal besides using flatworm exit

@Saliem , did you manage to get a nudi and how is your flatworm issue doing ? I'm happy to report that I have not seen a flatworm in more than a week now. I did buy a Six Line wrasse the day I posted this though but I never witnessed him eating any . I never fed it either , was hoping that would force it too eat the flatworm , reason being is that I read a few posts where people said it is a hit or miss with these guys.... sometimes they eat them and sometimes they dont so either he was going to eat them or starve and it seemed to stay pretty plump and healthy so the wrasse was deffinately eating something .

@Saliem , did you manage to get a nudi and how is your flatworm issue doing ? I'm happy to report that I have not seen a flatworm in more than a week now. I did buy a Six Line wrasse the day I posted this though but I never witnessed him eating any . I never fed it either , was hoping that would force it too eat the flatworm , reason being is that I read a few posts where people said it is a hit or miss with these guys.... sometimes they eat them and sometimes they dont so either he was going to eat them or starve and it seemed to stay pretty plump and healthy so the wrasse was deffinately eating something .
@BrentSA. Nope no nudie yet, starting to think that's the only thing that will sort it out. I've tried a six line, banana wrasse and mandarin, all with no luck. Haven't tried a green wrasse yet. Will do as soon as I take out a few infernos, tank is full

Well I really hope things come right for you ... maybe try what I did ... I literally stopped feeding and left algae to grow so the the fish either ate the flatworm or the algae on the back wall, my thought was if they getting easy tasty food ... they not going to go and look for anything .

Well I really hope things come right for you ... maybe try what I did ... I literally stopped feeding and left algae to grow so the the fish either ate the flatworm or the algae on the back wall, my thought was if they getting easy tasty food ... they not going to go and look for anything .
good approach. I'll consider doing that too and see what happens. At this stage I'm feeding them every 3 to 4 days and they still doing well. I'll let you know if I come across Nudis but please let me know if you do too

Back
Top Bottom