Vegetarian and Anemonie Grazers

Reaction score
Hope this title drew attention.

Please, I need some help. I am really getting tired of wasting money on expensive Phosphate removers, Copper Band fish, Manually removing them as well as Medication. Surely there must be some fish etc that can eat Algae effectively as well as Some Real Pepperment Shrimp doing the rounds....

I am looking for Algae grazers- yes I know finding the solution for the Algae problems, blah blah blah- as my Phosphates is close to zero- and yes I know the existing Algae keeps the Phosphate levels low, but surely there must be Herbivorie Fish that you can keep that eats Algae. I really do not mind whether it is imported expensive fish or local ugly fish-------- AS LONG AS THEY CAN EAT ALGAE.

Then there is the Aptaisias- WHO SELLS "TRUE" PEPPERMENT SHRIMPS????. I will buy them all, even if I have to sell the furniture, but I am really getting GATVOL of these stuff. To replace the rock I have just worked out that I need about 200 kg and at around R90.00 per Kg it will be around R18 000.00. Please advice (or make some money and import it, as I will buy them from whomever)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please, this is not a "support group" Thread. Only where I can buy and when and how much. I'll even make this promise- whoever can find me this stuff so I can buy it- after these critters/fish have done there job effectively- I'll give them away for free, to whom ever has problems with the above mentioned problems.

P.S.
Really Urgent Please

herkie

R.I.P.
Reaction score
Learn Sean learn

Please, this is not a "support group" Thread. Only where I can buy and when and how much. I'll even make this promise- whoever can find me this stuff so I can buy it- after these critters/fish have done there job effectively- I'll give them away for free, to whom ever has problems with the above mentioned problems.

P.S.
Really Urgent Please

I am here to learn about patience.......................etc.:p

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Sean, anybody from your company coming to PMB again? If they are then let me know a day or two ahead of time and I will do my best to catch the algae grazers in my tank.

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Sean,go catch yourself a few bristletooth tangs and convict surgeons,theres enough in the rockpools.also consider getting a foxface,very had workers.
i know you mentioned this "yes I know finding the solution for the Algae problems" but just trying my best to help out.
what is the cause of you phosphate issue?what is the TDS of the RO you using?are you using NSW or synthetic?if NSW is the source you collecting from,clean?also try and skim heavy and grow Cheato in your sump.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have a foxface, bristle tooth and a lawn mower blennie. of the three the blennie is by far the most effective algae eater, i can, and do, deliberatly NOT clean glass simply to supply grazing for the fellas.I may (huge MAY) be willing to send you the bristle tooth if you cant find your own, but he is a fav fish of mine and i am not keen on loosing him....even if he does stuff every new fish around.

Reaction score
Sean, just get shit loads of the local snails, they do wonders on my tank and they lay loads of eggs, feeding my fish :)

For your tank I would say you would need to get at least 200 hundred

Reaction score
Thanks Mekaeel. Warren- which snails, and if possible, pic please. Crispin, have you got a pic of the Bristle tooth Tang????

Reaction score
Mek pic pretty much cover the species I have, there is also a species with a horny shell, good grazers too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Triton Livestock For Sale/Swap 9
cutterdoc Anemone's 1
seank Anemone's 8
llewellyn Anemone's 6
seank General Images 39