Varnish or not.

Reaction score
Sup guys,just finished staining the wood for my hood,which is just cladding around the tank top.I would like to varnish the wood on top of the stain,but the guy at the paint shop say's varnish contains traces of lead.What should I do.Any help would be appreciated.Shotto.

dendrosa

Reaction score
I used a polyurathane based varnish on my wood without any problems. Same stuff they use to seal wood on yachts.

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
I have mine varnished on the outside and just sealed with American Deck Seal on the inside with no problems.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys, I assume varnish it will be.Finally i can assemble my hood.

Reaction score
Make sure you use a GOOD QUALITY exterior (marine) grade varnish on the inside of the lid. The interior grade varnishes are affected by the high levels of UV we have in the hoods.

Hennie

Reaction score
Ok guys,completed varnishing.Once again,thanks for the responses.

Reaction score
Reaction score
varnis can work but i dont use that no more not since school days i use a katasheen based paint that you mix with a katalist gets as hard as a rock and water dont damage it and so on

Reaction score
varnis can work but i dont use that no more not since school days i use a katasheen based paint that you mix with a katalist gets as hard as a rock and water dont damage it and so on
Would also avoid varnish. Glatex 8 is an epoxy coating. And it "skrik vir niks". :)

Reaction score
Glatex 8 is good, but something a bit cheaper is a another Plascon product, called "aqua rista". It is completely waterproof and does not fade