• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Variable DC pump <2000LPH

Reaction score
Hi Sponsors,

I'm looking for a small variable DC pump such as the Jebao DCP 1200 pump. I have space limitations and my tank is a small 40X30X30 nano, so I can't have a flow rate of more than about 2000 LPH.

im needing 2 smaller pumps around 1500 - 2000lph for my denitrators im going to start setting up. so may just import 20 units but its not a quick solution and will take about 30 - 60 days. is AC not an option ? there are plenty of those in the market. any specific reason it must be DC?

Thanks for the info guys! I'd prefer DC as I would like to control the flow (do you get cheapish AC controllable pumps?), and they are generally a lot more smaller for the same size. I am starting a nano, and I'd prefer to have the extra space for other things in the sump. I may go the AC way any way if I can't get what I'm looking for. I have an OTP 800 ready for the tank if I don't come right. @leslie hempel if you do import a few smaller pumps I'd definitely piggy back on an order... My inlaw will be coming from England in early April so I might go that route as well... Hoping something pops up before that time though!

Shot!

Hi @brentch we import for the stores to retail but generally dont get too much requests for the smaller DC pumps, given that i am going to be needing some i thought i may just get some in for incase.

Just buy on Amazon, you might even have it by Friday if you select the quicker shipping option.

im needing 2 smaller pumps around 1500 - 2000lph for my denitrators im going to start setting up

for recirc maybe yes but for feed you don't need anything pumping so much, i'm using a neptune pmup for feed (350L/h rated) but does less than 10L/h...just mentioning before you go spending.
Thats controlling orp tho, if you going to try a full flow way then yip understand, i couldn't get results trying that way.

Last edited:
I also wanted to order some for the back part of my red sea max to replace their stock pumps, Amazon was only place I could find the small ones that will ship here via someone that is not the post office.

just remeber the smaller DC pumps have very low head height pressure so AC on the smaller models will be better, i am using the DC on recuirc on closed loop to power the reactor so less pressure on pump.

for recirc maybe yes but for feed you don't need anything pumping so much, i'm using a neptune pmup for feed (350L/h rated) but does less than 10L/h...just mentioning before you go spending.
Thats controlling orp tho, if you going to try a full flow way then yip understand, i couldn't get results trying that way.
going to use calcfeederpro (stepper motor for feeding)

I also wanted to order some for the back part of my red sea max to replace their stock pumps, Amazon was only place I could find the small ones that will ship here via someone that is not the post office.
How do you go about that? Would that be different to just putting down my residential address on the order form on amazon? Sorry, haven't done this before..

How do you go about that? Would that be different to just putting down my residential address on the order form on amazon? Sorry, haven't done this before..

They ship via Aramex courier to your door, so just put the address you will be at during the day. I once ordered a watch on a Friday and got it on the Monday delivered to my work, so their express shipping is really quick, max a week until you have it.

Back
Top Bottom