v2skim 500 Skimmer overflowing

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by TAFF, 22 Apr 2015.

1. TAFF

TAFF

Hi peeps
    Just a quick update .i am now a proud owner of a v2skim 500 protein skimmer .280ltr tank .already I am having issues with it .i have primed the skimmer as instructed its been operating now for 48hrs ,however I woke up this morning to find loads of water in my collection cup.i emptied the cup and replaced it .the bubbles are climbing pretty high thus causing the cup to fill up with water.what am I doing wrong!!! Your input will be much appreciated .

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Lower the water level inside the skimmer a little bit.

4. scottyD

scottyD

Is this a new setup or is the tank established? When I started my new tank a while back I had a similar problem. "Heavy skimming" due to the amount "additives" I poured in to get the system going. Settled after a few days.

5. rickgoldwing1

rickgoldwing1

If you havnt got the adjustment on your skimmer to drop the water level inside the skimmer lift it a bit higher in your sump, determine the height you need take a piece of glass or perspex and cut four legs from pvc pipe and glue them on in the corners, make them a bit longer than you think you need you can always cut them shorter if needed

Recent Posts