uv vs ozone...which is the most beneficial?

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by 4age, 11 Aug 2014.

1. 4age

4age

Hi guys

I have an ozonator and a decent uv sterilizer...need to keep one and sell the other..which would be more beneficial to my system?

Im keeping mostly sps..and to be honest, my water is already very clear. Which would be better to help reduce ( I know they wont outright stop) disease or bad bacteria?

also..can thses be used while carbon dosing? I use np pellets on tank at the moment

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

for me its a catch 22, both help and have their strong points, but if you have to choose, go with UV less that can go wrong, but you will need to keep maintenance on it and replace bulb..

4. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

O3 also needs a redox probe and controller and the probes can be temperamental at best. Also, the corona discharges are prone to degrade because of moisture in the air and so you will need to dry the air in the vicinity of the O3 machine.

Recent Posts