UV Filtration

Reaction score
Guys

How do you use your UV filtration? Do you switch it on for a couple of hours each day or leave it running constantly? Also what's the effect of the UV on "good" organisms and bacteria?

If leaving it on 24x7 wouldn't you knock your copepods?

Many schools of thought on this one. If you read up on wetwebmedia you will see that Anthony Calfo does not like the use of them and recommends running them for 8 hours a day, whereas his partner Bob Fenner uses UV 24/7.

I personally have a 16w UV which I run 24/7 in my sump on my 1000+ litre tank. My sump, and frag tank are absolutely teaming with pods.

I'm planning on getting a 3 in 1 this week from Marco, is it possible to run the PO4 and Carbon media and 24/7 and change the UV to run on a timer?

yeah one can run the pos and carbon 27/7 and run the uv on a timer......i like 8 hours on / 8 hours off

im not sure if im allowed to anwser here as there are currntly no sponsers....but here it goes as a informative reply.........
the 3 in 1 would need to be upgraded to the 16 watt unit and have a upgrade on the pump aswell......if you would like further info please pm me....thanks

Lol

I have an 18w UV that I want to run on my 800l tank. I need to know if I can run this 24/7. I run 11w 24/7 on a 300l tank. 18w is high though and I am not sure. Any advice please.

any particular reason why you want to run it Alfie?if i were you,i would say connect it up and only switch on should you introduce new fish or should you fish show signs of whitespots....otherwise run it on a timer for 8 hours a day

Many schools of thought on this one. If you read up on wetwebmedia you will see that Anthony Calfo does not like the use of them and recommends running them for 8 hours a day, whereas his partner Bob Fenner uses UV 24/7.

I personally have a 16w UV which I run 24/7 in my sump on my 1000+ litre tank. My sump, and frag tank are absolutely teaming with pods.

WHAT IS A FRAG TANK ?

Back
Top Bottom