Using a TL550 as a sump for a ...TL 550

Reaction score
I have a scratched TL550 in my garage and a crazy idea to use it as a sump for my current TL 550...your thoughts and ideas on achieving this will be much appreciated.

RiaanP

Reaction score
Stand might be a problem as it needs to go over the sump.

I would use the scratched TK550 as a QT setup in the garage.
And build a sump that will fit in under the TL550 display.

Reaction score
Got 3 of these tanks 1 marine one planted and the scratched one. Know I will never get my money back on them so either have to build something nice out of them or repurpose them with a bigger tank setup.

The planted can be transferred to a Jewel Lido 120 with a sump soon just waiting for moss to grow a bit.

@ Dane .The fuge idea ...now that will work .

What about 2 display fuge tanks to a main display.

@ Riaan. An QT is always a good option , can use the scratched one for that then.

I have sketched several stand designs to go over the tanked sump. No matter how nice the look they always look out of scale with top tank .

Reaction score
Got 3 of these tanks 1 marine one planted and the scratched one. Know I will never get my money back on them so either have to build something nice out of them or repurpose them with a bigger tank setup.

The planted can be transferred to a Jewel Lido 120 with a sump soon just waiting for moss to grow a bit.

@ Dane .The fuge idea ...now that will work .

What about 2 display fuge tanks to a main display.

@ Riaan. An QT is always a good option , can use the scratched one for that then.

I have sketched several stand designs to go over the tanked sump. No matter how nice the look they always look out of scale with top tank .

I would run one fuge feeding two display tanks, one feeding into another like a loop, the first one, Pipefish marco algae second mixed reef

Top Bottom