Ushaka marine

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Yes we can but they have made it fairly costly and only at certain times, so i dont think its used that often.

Reaction score
Thanks. Pity. Thought as much though. You would think they would supply the reefers for free or a minimal annual charge.I mean how much water could we possibly take that it would bother them. Community service i say!!!!
00020073.gif

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
LOL, i would also be very careful as they have had issues with the water in the past and that may be because of their position so close to the harbour.

Reaction score
That was also a concern. I also like to do my water changes on the weekend, little time during the week.
I just assumed their water would have been perfect,like a reefers dream. Thought they would have had all the tech and skill to condition it first!!........Whats wrong with these guys.What about the dudes in CT,same problem? Oh well, i will just to my NSW nice 'n clean where I get it and no control as to when really,except fort the Parksboard. They dont want us fetching during peak times,otherwise no issues
000200BE.gif

Reaction score
but the water that they make available to us, isnt it at a point in the system where its got all the shark+dolphin+everything else poo or before? would seem very silly to get it with all the nasties. why not just get water from the ocean itself? would save 500 to use on the new coral;)

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
To answer the question on the Cape Town 2 Oceans Aquarium water supply service:
Annual 2 Oceans membership fee (now R180, used to be R120 about a year ago)....
- for this, members can collect up to 400 litres of water per week, any day of the week, as long as it is before 3pm in the afternoon.
- this water goes through 12 huge huge drums, each with different filtration media - they also use a floculant that binds with POC's, BEFORE the water goes through to the filtration drums....
AFTER the water as gone through the filtration media it goes to the "sump" area - from there, excess water is pumped via the external "water collection" area (that's where we reefers/members can collect our water from (just have to bring our own hose-pipe and hose-pipe connector)....

:)

Shaun

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
but the water that they make available to us, isnt it at a point in the system where its got all the shark+dolphin+everything else poo or before? would seem very silly to get it with all the nasties. why not just get water from the ocean itself? would save 500 to use on the new coral;)
Only reason I tried it is becouse you just drive up and fill, no carrying drums of water.

Shaun

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
To answer the question on the Cape Town 2 Oceans Aquarium water supply service:
Annual 2 Oceans membership fee (now R180, used to be R120 about a year ago)....
- for this, members can collect up to 400 litres of water per week, any day of the week, as long as it is before 3pm in the afternoon.
- this water goes through 12 huge huge drums, each with different filtration media - they also use a floculant that binds with POC's, BEFORE the water goes through to the filtration drums....
AFTER the water as gone through the filtration media it goes to the "sump" area - from there, excess water is pumped via the external "water collection" area (that's where we reefers/members can collect our water from (just have to bring our own hose-pipe and hose-pipe connector)....

:)
I wish the local one had the same policies.

Reaction score
I have 200l ones.:whistling: Like to see you carry them. Should we start taking bets.:1:
i could carry them empty:whistling: do i have to technically carry them or could i
A)use a wheelbarrow or something of the like
B) use smaller containers to fill that one
C) tell you to keep your money and sit on the side drinkin :peroni: while you suffer:thumbup:

Shaun

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
i could carry them empty:whistling: do i have to technically carry them or could i
A)use a wheelbarrow or something of the like
B) use smaller containers to fill that one
C) tell you to keep your money and sit on the side drinkin :peroni: while you suffer:thumbup:
So I guess you are chickening out.