US iTunes Account

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a iPhone4 and iPad2 both "authorized"/synced with my Laptop.

I have bought several apps that sync to both my devices, but now I want to open a US account so I can get my hands on the "better" selection of apps.

I have 2 x $15 voucher which I would also like to purchase MS office or similar.

Heres my questions:

1 - Will I loose all those apps I have bought through my SA account?

2 - Will it still let me sync both devices on the same laptop?

3 - Will I have any problems with updates etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Last edited:
1 - No.
2 - Yes.
3 - No.

Thats the short answers. The only times you have issues with apps, books, pics being deleted etc is if you have libraries on multiple machines.

So every thing will remain as it was, just have 2 different accounts?

so even if I buy something on the Ipad2 using my US account, when I connect it to my laptop it will sync and will also transfer it to my iPhone next time its synced?

Sorry to sound stupid, but this is all new to me!:eek:

Any suggestions for something equivilent to MS OFFICE?

So every thing will remain as it was, just have 2 different accounts?

so even if I buy something on the Ipad2 using my US account, when I connect it to my laptop it will sync and will also transfer it to my iPhone next time its synced?

Sorry to sound stupid, but this is all new to me!:eek:

Any suggestions for something equivilent to MS OFFICE?

Hi bud,

Look at this:
MS Office 2011 - Apple Store (U.S.)

For your Iphone and IPad2 look at QuickOffice.

Someone at my IT department decided to create two users on my laptop, when I changed jobs, the idiot messed up my laptob and made my iphone confused, it thought I was a different user that had the same account, lost all my music, pics of my son, 1000 contacts too! Almost gave the guy a "friendly" tap on the nose.
So, the moral of the story, I hope it works for you!

Unfortunately you can only use one account for your devices. If you only had an iphone then you cant sync two accounts to one device. I would use the iphone for SA apps and the Ipad for US apps

Unfortunately you can only use one account for your devices. If you only had an iphone then you cant sync two accounts to one device. I would use the iphone for SA apps and the Ipad for US apps

Well Keyaam, it working for me! Can use either account and it syncs to both my devices, iPhone and iPad. Got all my SA apps on both devices, then downloaded Angry bird and it synced to my iPhone and my iPad when I connected it.

Don't agree, I have a local and US account on my iPhone, works fine for me...

Well Keyaam, it working for me! Can use either account and it syncs to both my devices, iPhone and iPad. Got all my SA apps on both devices, then downloaded Angry bird and it synced to my iPhone and my iPad when I connected it.

I'm more addicted than my 4yr old son :lol:

I think i need to rephrase. You cannot transfer your SA purchases over to your US account. You will need to know exactly what apps were downloaded from either account when an update is available. BTW every friday is free app day on the US store. I got quite a few expensive apps for free. ill PM you the featured ones if you interested

Back
Top Bottom