Urgent Help !

Reaction score
I have a Octo DNW 200

Urgent Help !

I have just taken my pump off and cleaned it out and re-connected it, but i seem to have a leak coming out of the pump itself.

Any suggestions

Octopus Turbine Pump - 3000L/h

:helpsmilie: :helpsmilie:

where is the leak, from the casing or from a joint? you could use pipeweld if it is on the casing, or vaseline if it is from the joint.

where is the leak, from the casing or from a joint? you could use pipeweld if it is on the casing, or vaseline if it is from the joint.

Not from the joints. The motor has quite a weird cover that slides clokwise and clicks into place.

The leak is coming from the pump, I just see water coming from below the actual pump. I don't reckon it is the casing as that is steel.

Well, it was working before you stripped it, are you sure you put back together correctly? can you see any "O" rings pinched or out of place? can you seal the leak with vaseline or pipeweld?

Well, it was working before you stripped it, are you sure you put back together correctly? can you see any "O" rings pinched or out of place? can you seal the leak with vaseline or pipeweld?

Firstly it only leaks when the pump is on. This type pump's o-ring is embedded so should not be pinched.

the actual needle wheel assembly seems all correct.

Vaseline wouldn't work as there is too much water leaking out. The front housing of the pump doesn't seem like the best type of fitting, but it can only connect one way.

i am so lost ????

Need Mekaeel to give advice

Have you looked around for any broken edges or bits you may have left out, it if was fine before there can't be much wrong with it.

Any one have a part list for this pump, maybe I have missed something when reassembling.

OK, Not going get anywhere with this. Can I connect another type of pump to this skimmer ?

How you go, thanks Hennie

52848384224ef245.jpg

Nothing to do with your leak, but look at this pic, the seal is covering half of the hole of the venturi, you need to carefully cut the rubber seal so that the hole is completely uncovered, this will improve the performance of your skimmer as you are allowing more air in. Be careful that you don't cut right to the edge of the seal or you will have another leak, or you could replace it with an o-ring.

Remove the O-ring embedded in the impeller cover and clean the groove below the ring. Clean the O-ring as well, and lightly coat it with Vaseline before re-assembling. Do the same with the O-rings on the PVC pipe couplings - might help...

Good luck, and hope you solve the problem :)

Hennie

Where is the leak if you look at the first pic

Nothing to do with your leak, but look at this pic, the seal is covering half of the hole of the venturi, you need to carefully cut the rubber seal so that the hole is completely uncovered, this will improve the performance of your skimmer as you are allowing more air in. Be careful that you don't cut right to the edge of the seal or you will have another leak, or you could replace it with an o-ring.

Thanks for the MOD advice, but first I just want to get this sod sorted out.

Checked it out, I would have to cut the entire ring as the o-ring moves when screwing on the joint.

Back
Top Bottom