Urgent help needed

Muz

Blenny
Reaction score
All I can advise is that you post some recent water params and give a detailed description of what you are experiencing, is there any unusual behavour etc, any changes to feeding, light.. any new additions to the tank, how long has it been like this etc..

burt

Clownfish
Reaction score
sorry guys, got home and my tank was covered with mucus, just below the rock you will see the slime, water par. is all ok. only new adition to the tank is the plate coral

Muz

Blenny
Reaction score
I know those fans slime the hell out of a tank sometimes.. generally when stressed, you will find when you move it after it has lodged itself into a hole.. oh boy, here comes the slime, skimmer goes nuts.. but there should be little or no effect on the tank, you can do a water change if really bad.. and it depends on how much water you have..

burt

Clownfish
Reaction score
use a canister filter, every thing is gone now, checked the water agian all is good, no problems with the slime today. still dont know what happend, but my turbo snail was very close to it when i saw the slime, could it be the snails fault?

Muz

Blenny
Reaction score
No dude.. it will have nothing to do with the snail..

burt

Clownfish
Reaction score
thanks. water par is still very good, everything in tank is doing grate, now im confused