Urchin spawning

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my longspined diadema urchin releasing gametes. Sorry for the bad pic quality but I was walking past the tank and just suddenly saw it, grabbed my camera and took some shots, I had no time to change the settings on the camera as it happened so fast.

147ba904013e5e.jpg

147ba9072b87cb.jpg

147ba908d9b79c.jpg

147ba90ad74ac2.jpg

Damn thats well kewl,

Is THAT an urchin in your pocket!!??

..Or are you just excited ... ???

Well, well, well

Usually AFTER A STRESSFULL EVENT, THIS happens.

Dean, are you trying to tell us something? :p

It's 24h since your BOLD offer of mating with an urchin, to encourage more posts, from me.

Quote:
12n3_01.png

I agree, I think he needs a longspined diadema urchin strategically placed somewhere
whistling.gif

IT WORKED!!
Here's another post....!:biggrin:

Here are some pics of my longspined diadema urchin releasing gametes. Sorry for the bad pic quality but I was walking past the tank and just suddenly saw it, grabbed my camera and took some shots, I had no time to change the settings on the camera as it happened so fast.

147ba904013e5e.jpg

/quote]

Very cool!!!

Do you need or a female and a male or are these guys hermaphroditic?

Congrats Dean, u got an urchin excited!!! Mine spawn and release eggs frequently, But no babies cruiing around. Unfortunately, urchin larvae are one of the most sensitive and therefore difficult species to raise. They are incredibly sensitive to parameters, toxins etc. Think it was Shimek who did some tests on salt brans using urchin larvae.

Back
Top Bottom