UPS - Confused

Discussion in 'Power cuts' started by Ross, 3 May 2010.

1. Ross

Ross

Hey Guys

Been trying to read through the threads but it is way to complicated for my brain at this time of the week.

I want to connect my tank to a UPS (Will connect the ProfiLux and one Plugbar to the UPS. The other plug bar that will run lights and heater will be to house power). I saw a 1000 something UPS at Incredible over the weekend. I will obviously have to work out what my return and other pumps use, but what is all this talk about modified sine waves and unmodified.

Also once I know the wattage for my needs, how to I convert that into the UPS power rating.

Thanks,

Ross

PS this will be used for short periods of time for when I am not home. I have a geni wired in so once I get a message that power is out, I or somebody else can head over and turn it on.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hi Ross - modified sine-wave inverters is good for electrical equipment that does not need a high voltage/ampage to start up. Ie heaters, lights, etc....
    Pumps do not fall into this category.... pumps usually do not work well on modified sinewave - for pumps you need unmodified/true sinewave inverters...

4. Ross

Ross Thread Starter

Thanks jacquesb, I will have a look at what kind they are.

Recent Posts