Upgrading to LED - top options anyone?

@flappy, thanks but right now. @Dian6430 @4age - who stocks the AI Hydras and GHL Mitras?

Although i'm more drawn to vertex for efficiency, modularity etc... I just mainly want ease of use, without the unnecessary bells and whistles. sunrise to sunset is the main automation i would want.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine from a reefer to sold his system.if aquarium depot stocks it ur lfs can order from them. ..don't think u will see a lfs stock top end leds in store due to the expense of the items...think the mitras are 10k+ per unit

@flappy, thanks but right now. @Dian6430 @4age - who stocks the AI Hydras and GHL Mitras?

Although i'm more drawn to vertex for efficiency, modularity etc... I just mainly want ease of use, without the unnecessary bells and whistles. sunrise to sunset is the main automation i would want.
Yes your lfs can order them from aquarium depot for you. What i like about AI is they are upgradeable and once you buy the director you can add more lights and still control from one director. Also about all the higher end units is they are compact which makes it looks better over an aquarium and working in the aquarium. The lights @flappy is selling is at a great price and also awesome units

Why do you want to go all out LED?
If money is of no concern, i would suggest an ati hybrid.
4x54w T5 + 3x75w LED fixture.
Your lfs can source it via Aquarium depot, afaik they are the ati importers.
If money is of no concern, i would month a 150w halide on each side of that unit as well.

Last edited:
I like hybrid light units, they are the future. Don't get me wrong, Radions, vertex and GHL are great. My Pacific's are great, filled with many hiccups and now I hate them and stuck with them. Get a unit that is well known and will fit your future needs in terms of corals. The ati hybrids are also a great investment.

Last edited:
I agree with Carlos...

I love my hybrid unit. What the leds lack in terms of spectrum or spread I can make up with t5.

One uses the leds for your sunrise and sunset features and once at full power let T5s switch on

I think I have just made my choice in lighting! Thanks a mil for all the input @Dian6430 @irie ivan @carlosdeandrade.
Which lfs would be able to source the unit for me in jhb? And how much would i pay?

Ask jungle aquatics to source from aquarium depot. Price i have no idea sorry. Hybrid is the way to go. Once money is looking better i want to add just a dual T5 unit to my setup. Think it will be perfect then

Back
Top Bottom