Update Emperor Angel

Discussion in 'Quarantine Tanks, sick fish, QT corals' started by AnnDom, 5 Feb 2013.

1. AnnDom

AnnDom

So Sadly we lost the emperor angel. .Diagnosis is that our fish have velvet or fluke disease . The mortality has been high and todate we have lost 7 fish. Varying from two nemo's, one yellow tale damsel, one chromis, mandarin and a blemmy. Can any one give some advise, how long does this take to work its way through. We are unable to catch the fish unless they are really in a bad state which then means its to late. The difficulty in catching them is due to the live rock and corals. We have been told by LFS that there is not much we can do in the way of treatment and that the strong will survive and unfortunately the less fortunate will not. Very sad. No livestock was added only one coral so the assumption has been that the water the coral was in was infected. I have attached a photo of our Fox. He seems better than yesterday but not great. All parameters have been checked and are okay

132.jpg

129.jpg

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Here is a Thread for you on Marine Velvet...you will also find a Link to a Site:..Marine Velvet Disease: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention ...hope this helps to answer some of the question you have....if you search MASA you should find more Threads on Marine Velvet..
    http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showthread.php?t=24605

You could find out by some of our Sponsors about Probidio and whether this would help you..(I assume you are correct it saying it's Velvet..?)
    [​IMG]

4. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

I think a lot can be done to reduce the loss of fish and corals @AnnDom. What area do you stay? I am sure there are a few reefers in the different areas that can pop out and assist or give good advice.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. AnnDom

AnnDom Thread Starter

Thanks We are in the Edenglen/Edenvale and would more than welcome some help!! Desperate for assistance!!

Last edited: 6 Feb 2013
  6. AnnDom

AnnDom Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. Can't tell you how I much we appreciate the feed back and help You guys are great!! Only wish I had requested help earlier may have saved a few of our fish!!

7. Falcon

Falcon

If you need to remove fish without moving too much rock work the best is to go to the tank about an hour or two after lights out then turn on some lights and gently coax them out of their hiding holes using a stick of some sort,they are normally still drowsy for a few minutes form the time the lights go out so you need to be gentle but also quick.

Ive successfully caught many fish like this over the years,best treatment for most diseases is hypo salinity IMO.

Recent Posts