Unusual Fish

Reaction score
I think Obi-Wan has this fish for his avatar

Weird little critter, The tank it comes from is insanely BIG - 850g (3200L)

p_033_l.jpg

Source: Oregonreef.com

Definitely a cutie... I wonder if it's a juvenile.

These guys come from temperate waters and do much better at lower tank temperatures. Most people would require a chiller. In fact, Steve doesn't even keep his in his reef tank....it's in his coldwater reef.

I had one for about 6 months named George. No one liked the price so I finally just dropped the price by a lot and he was gone the next week. I handfed him. He also liked to be pet like a dog. I would pet him for a while, then he would tilt so I could get his other side. I truly hated to see him go but when payroll is coming up and you're short on cash you have to make a business decision sometimes.

In the states, they are a very expensive fish. Only the males are attractive like that....the females are quite ugly IMO.

These guys come from temperate waters and do much better at lower tank temperatures. Most people would require a chiller. In fact, Steve doesn't even keep his in his reef tank....it's in his coldwater reef.

I had one for about 6 months named George. No one liked the price so I finally just dropped the price by a lot and he was gone the next week. I handfed him. He also liked to be pet like a dog. I would pet him for a while, then he would tilt so I could get his other side. I truly hated to see him go but when payroll is coming up and you're short on cash you have to make a business decision sometimes.

In the states, they are a very expensive fish. Only the males are attractive like that....the females are quite ugly IMO.

Know how you feel Bud... :002: :y1: :041:

Back
Top Bottom