Untidy

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by Warr7207, 18 Feb 2009.

1. Warr7207

Warr7207

Mods delete if not allowed.

I found this website: Jungle Aquatics - Your Aquatic Online Pet Shop Superstore and Aquarium retail outlet!

And they have the following to say:

[​IMG]

"This must be the Ultimate Rip-Off : A Port Elizabeth "premier fish store" basically copy and pasted 90% of our site - stciking their logo to it - making it look like their own. Not sure how they figure that it would go unnoticed..? The "Smart" company behind the design and hosting is none other than "Smart Digital Media" - Hilarious !! ?? I recommend using this hosting company to rip-off any company image to look like your own .. !! Now enjoy the laugh by visiting :
    w w w . ultimateaquatics .co.za "

I then checked out the ultimate website and was amazed to find the amount of copy and pasting that is going on.

This is totally untidy, how do web developers get away with this ?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

those are the ones that make getting contracts hard for us free-lancers, people always think larger is better, most, and i mean most, freelancers, generally give better work so as to retain clients

i fixed a site for someone, to find that the previous people copied it from the source, didnt even bother renaming the graphics etc....

its terrible

4. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

Doesn't look the same to me hey... Where do you see copy and paste?

The ultimate one is just joomla with a logo.

The categories on the jungle one are suspiciously similar to the categories on g4y...

5. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Click on the Koi link, full blown copy and paste.

6. crispin

crispin

there are a couple by the look, not that I have much good to say about jungle aquatics to be honest

7. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

8. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

9. Kanga

Kanga Retired Moderator MASA Contributor

MHh interesting, I know Chris from Ultimate Aquatics well. I know the site was done in lieu of payment by one of his customers. Honestly Chris is so fond of the internet that I have doubts that he has ever seen his own site never mind anyone elses.

I will give him a call in the morning, which is what I think the gentle people from Jungle aquatics should have done.

10. crispin

crispin

thats a generous description:)

11. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

this actually happens a bit, with something like over 400 million sites, some think its a needle in a haystack, until murphy comes along :)

12. JD167

JD167

It's not impossible for two websites use the same source, eg the Koi information. Just because it's on any website, doesn't make them experts on the subject. They may have had to go and look it up somewhere. If this was a blatant copy-paste then not cool. :censored: But there is always two sides to the story. Let's wait for Kanga to call him.

13. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

A pal of mine recently found his pictures of his tank posted up on a tank building company's website - the funniest part was that the company hadn't actually built his tank, so he wroye to them asking them what they wanted him to sue them for, either misrepresentation of copyright infringement - they removed the pic.

14. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

hahahaha - funny

15. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

Seems like we have got quite a bit of copy and paste going on..........

16. lIghty

lIghty

I heard a story / rumour of a local person that stated on his web site that he use to bread a spicies of "fish". He had pictures of the setups with the fry, that was untill a Dr from Australia or something phoned him one day and asked him some serroius questions about the topic, which he couldn't answer, and ended his conversation by saying, "by the way, my wife doesn't remember giving you permision to use her pictures and litrature on your site", seem like this oke was Bull@$#$%

Recent Posts