Unlikely partners

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by mytank, 3 Dec 2012.

1. mytank

mytank

I bought a purple tile fish about a week an a half ago, exquisite fish, she went straight into the reef after spending some time in the holding tank and hid there.

After a week and a half I thought I lost the fish (they are finicky) yesterday out the blue out pops out the purple tile fish out of no where. Inspected her fat as a fat kid during Xmas (not sure what she has been eating .....

Then today I see this (pic below)
    [​IMG]

Now it must be told that okie (not the purple one ) has two names "fugly" and "grumpy pants", first name because He is so ugly he is cute an second one cause anyone that come close to his burrow he bullies even my trigger that's 10x his size.

There we have purple tile fish the shyest fish I have sharing a burrow with fugly .....

Nature .....

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gary Roebuck

Gary Roebuck

don't know if u dive at all, but 1 of the coolest things to see is how a trigger n cray live together... during the day the cray sits in the back of the hole n the trigger guards the entrance, at night the roles r reversed... symbiosis... point being, maybe u want to see what happens at night...?

4. Visser

Visser MASA Contributor

That is the coolest symbiosis ive ever seen!!!
    Please keep us updated with their partnership... Would love to see what they do over time!!!

5. seank

seank

Nice Mytank

6. crispin

crispin

lovely photo that.

Ive always thought that Tile fish were underrated fish, i loved those ive kept in the past, especially the way the suddenly emerge from the reef for a while and then retire again. Just watch out that it cant jump, they are skittish fish and often carpet surf.

7. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

That's what freeks me out "she" disappears for a week then pitches up ...

She just lays on the bottom of the reef and has these burst if energy now and again.

It was quite funny grump pants jaw fish was just retiring to his burrow from trying to scare the trigger away and the tile fish went to the top of the water and then darted down straight through the jaw fish. Fugly came out the burrow dazed with sand still on his head thinking *** was that!

A minute later they poking their heads out together like beauty and the beast.

I need to monitor her though her tail is showing some fraying she might need a good para guard dip to kill any bacteria or fungi I her.

8. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

Btw way not the best pics but this is her swimming she is about 10 to 12cm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only thing that bothers me is that I have been feeding the tank heavy to try to get her feed - fish eggs, cyclopeeze, mysis, live brine everything - haven't seen her eat but her she looks plump !

9. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Oh my word...then how would you catch her..:eek: Hope it doesn't come to that...lovely Fish...one of my "Wish List Fishy"..:blush:

10. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

It really is a stunning fish!

Recent Posts