Unknown

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Has any one seen this and what are your ideas
unknown2.jpg
on it.
Unknown1.jpg

looks like you have a purple octopus stuck inside your rock:lol: those are his legs looking for food:tt2:

on a more serious note, i have no idea wat it is but would love to also find out, looks awesum tho,could be some sort of sponge which is usually filter feeders and cause np harm to aquarium

Last edited by a moderator:
..on a more serious note, i have no idea wat it is but would love to also find out, looks awesum tho,could be some sort of sponge which is usually filter feeders and cause np harm to aquarium
Yes I also thought so...was looking at the Purple Finger Sponge(haliclona sp)...but somehow it doesn't LOOK the same...
picture.php

Is this a purple tunicate sponge? - Nano-Reef.com Forums

picture.php

Lumpy purple sponges (Haliclona sp.) on the Shores of Singapore

I even thinking it could be this....(Haliclona permollis) - Purple Encrusting Sponge .....but they basically look the same as the top ones...:p

Might need to do more homework...:p

Last edited by a moderator:
if u want to try id the species name (good luck) you could try this site, or send them a photo...Dutch Ascidian Website
WOW...stunning Site...:thumbup:...I Search via "Purple" and still got WAAAAY to many...:p..that Site and my MB don't go well together...:lol:...

Back
Top Bottom