Underwater "Glue"

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this awsome hobby but I need some help.

I need to glue some stuff to my tanks glass panel but I don't know what to use?

Will ordanary Marine Silicone set under water?

What do you need to glue to the glass?

You cannot use silicone because it wont stick/set underwater and uncured silicone may poison the tanks inhabitants.

Basically I am still using a "old" tank....One that still has the sump build into the tank....I don't know how to explain it. The sump is part of the tank.....its not seperate.

There are holes in the back panel were the water flows into the sump and it goes through the chambers and return back into the tank through a return pump.

So what happens is whenever I buy fish, my fish gets stuck in the holes or land inside the sump.

Now I want to cover the holes with some form of plastic with holes so the fish doesnt get stuck.

At the moment I have covered it with a piece of plastic and put a rock against it but it keeps moving because of the water flow.

and stop the flow till it sets

Is it possible to drain your water level till below the place of concern?

Q-bond is the best and sets very fast.

Sorry guys but do u guys use bostik super gel to stick coral to the rock

To my knowledge not suppose to use superglue on glass, something to do with it not expanding with temperature changes and glass expanding leading to glass cracking. Just a caution.

Last edited:
Super glue gel works well for sticking coral to rocks
@Riaanv does raise a point. But you should be fine cause you'll sort of tack it onto the glass, not smother it in glue

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Everyone for the replies....I just need to tack the piece of plastic to the glass.....So I wont use much glue....I will try over the weekend and hopefully it will sort my problem out.

Back
Top Bottom