Underwater Camera

Reaction score
This is a really nice camera, small and compact with a lot of kick, comes complete with Camera, macro lens, underwater housing, carry bag etc etc... Anyone interested????

260220082880.jpg

260220082879.jpg

260220082878.jpg

260220082877.jpg

260220082876.jpg

how good are the pics?

Looks very nifty, what would that set you back?

Just looked, its about R1400 for am underwater housing for my camera, maybe I should go this route:thumbup:

Hi Sean! NOW, you just have to do a SCUBA Openwater course! Then you READY for the MOST FANTASTIC LIFE EVER!

Congrats man! REALLY AWESOME underwater camera! I know this camera.... have used it before (demo) while SCUBA diving.... NOW you can really take some AWESOME pics of your tank and WHEN YOU ARE CATCHING FISH!

Vivitar ViviCam 5188 (5.1M) about R800, Vivitar ViviCam 6200w (6M) know nothing about them, but at that price it might be fun to play around with.

Moz - yeah - cheap - BUT NOT WATERPROOF! Especially not SEA-WATER proof! ;-)

Would love a camera like Sean's but that would mean less money for tank and toys.

The 5188 claims 15m
22847c45a6fc3526.jpg

The 6200 claims 10m
22847c45aaaa16d3.jpg

OK - you got me Moz - good enough to take pics with IN YOUR TANK.... UNFORTUNATELY I am a SCUBA diver - advanced...... will not look at ANYTHING that cannot go at least 40 metres..... BUT, for you, and to take pics of your tank - PERFECT!

OK - you got me Moz - good enough to take pics with IN YOUR TANK.... UNFORTUNATELY I am a SCUBA diver - advanced...... will not look at ANYTHING that cannot go at least 40 metres..... BUT, for you, and to take pics of your tank - PERFECT!

Cybershot rated to 40 metres :thumbup:

Cool! Warr! Luckily my Canon u/w housing too!!! BUT - SEA & SEA was originally developed for SCUBA diving.... So - for Sean - VERY GOOD CHOICE! And it uses Sony internals.... ;-)

Cool! Warr! Luckily my Canon u/w housing too!!! BUT - SEA & SEA was originally developed for SCUBA diving.... So - for Sean - VERY GOOD CHOICE! And it uses Sony internals.... ;-)

Spot on Jacques. I never (Hopefully) buy on Impulse, and normally do my homework first. Fortunately I have a good friend (Louis from the Waterwing Police Department who also opened a Dive shop locally) that knows all the ins and outs about diving as well as underwater photography. Believe me if I say that he does diving (whether it is for Dead Bodies, cleaning Barnicles off big ships/ yahcts (spelling), or training divers to be, for a living and has done so for many years. I really envy him as I cannot even come close to the depths that he and his fellow divers achieve.

So yes, the Camera is definately the better option in underwater Cameras in the price range. He also sell the more expensive ones, but I really do not think I need something as expensive and top of the range for the purpose I wanna use it. Maybe at a later stage in life...LoL

I understand that Cybershot have the underwater Covers, but comparing the specs I still think the Sea to Sea is a better (Longlasting) option, and at a really Competitive price.

My 02 cents;)

If you look closely at the underwater Cover (Omhulsel), you'll notice that you can use every single function of the Camera, as well as the fact that the flash has a "Flash Diffuser"(again, sorry for the spelling)

Would love a camera like Sean's but that would mean less money for tank and toys.

The 5188 claims 15m
22847c45a6fc3526.jpg

The 6200 claims 10m
22847c45aaaa16d3.jpg

The buttons get stuck when you go deeper than 5m

cool camera Sean!i guess the other cameras are outa the window now hey :lol:

He He, not easily Mekaeel, difficult to photograph an Elephant or Leopard 300 meters away, but I suppose a good replacement for a Cybershot as it is also small and Compact, and easy to carry in one's pocket (Without the housing of course)

Back
Top Bottom