Umbrella Cockatoo

Reaction score
Could anyone please help.

I am looking to buy one but everybody that i call seems to be sold out and some pet shops just want to take you for a fool.

I honestly do not understand how they think, we are the educated generation.

I also dont mind looking at a "second hand" bird, if you know what i mean.

Cheers
Quinton

Jislaaik Frans that was a quick reply.

I already visited them, they are in PTA North. All there stock has been prebooked untill July:eek:

Did you ask Tip Top pets, close to Dorry?
They have a lot of bigger parrots outside, all tame, not sure if they are for sale thou

Whatever you do - BEWARE of any classified ads. Make sure you physically see the bird before handing over any money. Never fall for the scam where the seller has "moved" to another country and you have to pay for the shipping, etc etc... Rather be patient and wait until you can find a reputable petshop or breeder that has stock available. Or spend the money on you reef tank :)

Whatever you do - BEWARE of any classified ads. Make sure you physically see the bird before handing over any money. Never fall for the scam where the seller has "moved" to another country and you have to pay for the shipping, etc etc... Rather be patient and wait until you can find a reputable petshop or breeder that has stock available. Or spend the money on you reef tank :)

There is one already like that on Junkmail the guy is in Nigeria and wants to ship me the bird. I told him Ja right as if:p

So no more swearing in that house....
Even when you get home late.... :thumbup:

Nice birds, they used to be endangered the umbrellas, I sold my breeding pair for close on R100k many years ago, awesome birds but can be noisey
Have you kept them before? Also try bird brains for one.

My next cockatoo is a palm cockatoo or Goliath cockatoo but looking at over R150k for one :(

palm_cockatoo1.jpg

I had an umbrella, name was Houdini, could escape any cage, but I love that bird, he used to lay against my should and just say "hello, love, hello love!" Sold him to a guy who bread cockatoos down in PE, saw a few years back, still doing great.

@dallas, those are such cool birds, I wouldn't mind having a Hyacinth Macaw myself, but also cost a pretty packet!

Back
Top Bottom