Uganda anyone?

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
So does anyone know anything about Uganda and what its like to live there?

There is a slight possibility that I might look at a job there for a year or 2.

And of course, do they have:peroni:????

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
A friend of mine moved to Uganda a few months ago, he used to work for Eskom as a technician I think, apparently the cost of living compared to the salary he was going to earn was the biggest attraction, he said he was going to live like a king over there, he also said the area he was going to was practically crime free (hard to believe). His only concern was the medical facilities not being up to scratch. But he took his wife and kids and off they went. Haven't heard from him since :p

Reaction score
A friend of mine moved to Uganda a few months ago, he used to work for Eskom as a technician I think, apparently the cost of living compared to the salary he was going to earn was the biggest attraction, he said he was going to live like a king over there, he also said the area he was going to was practically crime free (hard to believe). His only concern was the medical facilities not being up to scratch. But he took his wife and kids and off they went. Haven't heard from him since :p
Because people get killed there. No crime as it is seen as acts of war:lol:

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Well thanks guys, yeah google tells me there is little crime and cost of living is cheap and the goriilas may rape me:whistling:

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
A friend of a coworker was studying accountancy, not even qualified or anything and went to Uganda for a month and got paid R500k. Sounds awesome if you don't get killed.

Reaction score
If you work for a multi-national go for the money.

Other than the cash, it is a depressing country of note. Poverty is way worse than any place in RSA. Our squatter camps are there middle-income suburbs

Reaction score
If you work for a multi-national go for the money.

Other than the cash, it is a depressing country of note. Poverty is way worse than any place in RSA. Our squatter camps are there middle-income suburbs
Kanga living in a squatter Camp....:lol: :lol: :lol: with a home made brew of:peroni: to drink.

Please send us some pics if you there Kanga, ecpecially the new plastic container reef tank:razz: