Two Skimmers one Tank

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Hermanus, 10 Sep 2009.

1. Hermanus

Hermanus

Hello

I'm running 2 x skimmers in my 1,8m Total volume is plus minus 650L taking into account LR and sump.

TS 1 Reeftek rated @ 400L and a red sea Berlin 25-250 think it is rated at 750L.

I also have a hang on skimmer that I can hang on in the sump rated for 150L.

What will your advise be? add the hang on or will I be skimming ok with this two skimmers?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. crispin

crispin

personally i would sell both and use the money towards a better skimmer rated for its purpose, especially if you are going to load the bioload with a heavey fish load. I would look at the ts3 or so (or a deltek which is what I have for same size tank, but they are expensive).

4. Hermanus

Hermanus Thread Starter

I want to go for the orca 100 rated for 750L, just the budget is not allowing it at this stage so, let's say for the next 12mont's will this be ok?

5. Falcon

Falcon

should be,but if your red sea is rated to 750lt then why the orca?red sea makes decent skimmers and wont be much diff to the orca 750lt i would think...use all for now it wont be a problem

6. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

That will be fine, what you can do is run one skimmer wet and the other dry so that you get the best of both worlds, apparently this can be beneficial.

7. Furbz

Furbz

currently i am in the same boat and running 2 skimmers at once.
    a bit more admin in cleaning and setting. but seems to work fine.(havent had this system running long enough to tell)

as for a orca. i have the orca 80 as 1 of my skimmers.
    rated for 500l
    my other is a TS1

and the orca outclasses the TS1 big time!

8. Hermanus

Hermanus Thread Starter

I like the orca because it has the bubble plate, think that is why it outclasses the TS1.
    Got that Berlin to make allot more bubbles tonight and think it will do better now it where to deep in the water so didn't suck enough air.

Recent Posts