Two Oceans Aquarium Water

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by Myles, 21 Apr 2015.

1. Myles

Myles

Could I please hear your views on Two Ocean Aquarium water for a LPS and SPS aquarium with reef safe fish.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. 4age

4age

Iv used it before. .had no issues with it..just used some diy supplements to boost parameters. Only reason I stopped using was coz i got too lazy to go collect water

4. Myles

Myles Thread Starter

@4age Did you have SPS as well ?

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. 4age

4age

At the time I had montis birdsnest and acro secale...mixing ur water is better in terms of convenience and certain elements.

I think some guys have issues with the higher nutrients they find in the water but most tend to store the water in containers for long with no circulation which compounds things..another friend of mine is convinced that his sps love the occasional water change with nsw

6. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

Used it before on an sps system. As mentioned, need to buffer up especially alk. When i switched over to salt mix, a definite improvement in colours was a result, as well as saving a bit on buffer, and calcium supplimentation. What bothered me most (apart from the water being pumped from a harbour) is that I always got a reading of 0.06-0.09ppm PO4 on their water, and had to use a bit more PO4 binding media. Not sure if it was just the PO4 levels or whether there were other untested organics present which influenced coral coloration.
    Besides slightly lowered alk and PO4, my decision to switch was based on anecdotal "evidence," but doubt if I will go that route again, unless severely budget constrained.
    Edit to add, that if you have a calcium reactor or another reliable source of continuous Ca and alk supplimentation, the shortfall in alk is not too much of a drawback

Last edited: 21 Apr 2015
  7. Myles

Myles Thread Starter

Thank you. Irie quite interesting

8. irie ivan

Bear in mind that the saving in terms of alk supplimentation is nothing compared to the cost of RO and salt ;).

9. greatwyt

greatwyt

do you think any bacteria will come with this water?

10. irie ivan

Of course!

11. 4age

4age

I think a lot of guys forget that the water off our coast is nutrient rich..if you store it in closed containers for long its going to be a bit "Miff" as well.
    @irie ivan..im not sure if the water is filtered completely by the aquarium but do you think the sps would possibly feed off some of the organisms in natural seawater? sorry if this is a derail

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  12. Brendan6

Brendan6

I enjoyed using the water before I started really trying to keep sps. To me testing the ocean water then dosing for alk/ca/mg, then testing again to make sure its within acceptable range is way too much of a shlepp.

I will still use it when I need to replenish some water from acclimation. At R700 bucks for 2 season tickets, free water is pricey. I will be buying a bucket of salt when the tickets expire.

Recent Posts