TV to LCD PC Screen

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Ok you clever computer literate bimbos, I want a TV for the bedroom (jaja no clever comments) As apposed to putting huge box I would like to put a PC LCD 19 " screen against the wall.

Here is the question, what do i use to connect the DSTV decoder to the PC screen, is this possible, and what are the drawbacks?

Come on Rory and Viper earn your keep for a change :lmao:

Thankx in advance

PS; no I dont want a 50" flatscreen in my bedroom I dont watch that much TV in there.

kanga said:
PS; no I dont want a 50" flatscreen in my bedroom I dont watch that much TV in there.

so what do you do then?

Thanks Rory but no.

What I want to do is run a Cable from the DSTV in the lounge into the back of the LCD monitor, what do I need for this?

what connections are available on the back of the LCD?

I don't think there's any other way to do it really. I presume what you're talking about is an RCA to DVI(or VGA) converter? Those will cost you even more than those boxes plus I don't think you can run RCA over more that like 5m. Also they aren't readily available either. Using the coax output from the decoder (I presume it has coax, I don't have dstv but I remember a decoded having coax and RCA) and one of the TV tuners above will work pretty much like a normal tv.

DVI and VGA plus a "Line in"

DSTVBACK.jpg

Seriously the thing I suggested will be much easier...

For starters its just one cable, the tv line type coax cable. That carries your video and sound with the slight disadvantage of having to tune it once.

With RCA you will need 1 for video and a converter for that. And then another one or 2 cables (mono or stereo) and possibly an adapter for that.

Edit: Yes that pic is what I assumed. Coax cable from "RF OUT" to that tv tuner box.

If you worried about price I think Mecer make one somewhere R500-700 or so. I can't find it but it comes with their LCD tv's.

Ya its seems this way, will ust have to find a way to hide the thing

If you worried about price I think Mecer make one somewhere R500-700 or so. I can't find it but it comes with their LCD tv's.

Nah I was thinkig it would be nice to have a flatscreen on the wall for the odd occasion i do want to watch tv in bed

Thanks I will check and get one of these, ur a star

:lol: I also wanted to try this, got a 19" lcd and the card to fit into the box but was too lazy to instal it got sick of the GF bitching so I went out and got a TV....

Back
Top Bottom