Turtles rehabilitated at Two Oceans Aquarium

I looked after those guys and fed them on saturdays when I do my volunteer shifts at the TOA. Glad to see theyre going strong.

There are also resident turtles on the Cape south coast - I hope people will discern between the stranded ones that need help vs the healthy ones.

As far as my knowledge, they not suppose to beach anywhere in the cape, unless there is something wrong, because of the colder waters in the Cape @SteveZi

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking more along the lines of someone harassing a perfectly healthy turtle, swimming in the shallows, feasting on its favourite weed bed, anywhere in the area between Mossel Bay and Cape Agulhas.
The cold water of the Benguela off the West coast is a totally different story…brrr

Remember that all the turtles that we rehabilitate are stranded turtles, they are not supposed to be in the waters of the western cape, they are usually found washed up on the beach dehydrated, hyperthermic and starving, which is when WE the public have to take a bit of action and give the aquarium a call

Back
Top Bottom