Turbo Queen

Wetty

Tuned by Tunze, turboed by Red Sea
Reaction score
So lastnite i decide to test out my Turbo Queen Skimmer....I connect my new Aqua One 2000l/h pump to it and let rip.

how the hell do i tune the damn thing. lol lol

Just cudnt get it to do wot i always see in marine shops.

Pics would be helpful! Does it have any type of valve on the intake and outlet like the jebo skimmers? It could also be that it sits too deep or shallow in the water... I had to overcome quite a few of these obstacles with my old Jebo, but once it was skimming it exceeded my expectations! Aren't the Turbo Queens and Jebos basically the same?

Pics would be helpful! Does it have any type of valve on the intake and outlet like the jebo skimmers? It could also be that it sits too deep or shallow in the water... I had to overcome quite a few of these obstacles with my old Jebo, but once it was skimming it exceeded my expectations! Aren't the Turbo Queens and Jebos basically the same?

Just from observation...they look like clones to me. lol

i dont have pics at the mo...sorry. This is the first time iv ever setup or used a skimmer.

Aren't the Turbo Queens and Jebos basically the same?[/quote]

They are the same it sould have a tuning knob on the outlet. Have got two they just did not do what I wanted them to

Is this the one you have:

76048ad1fa77d3a8.jpg

If so I may be able to help and save some hours sw#@ring! I assume it is skimming way too wet? If that is the case do the following:

1. Keep both valves open(on the pump as well as on the outlet) and move the skimmer till the neck of the skimmer is about 4 cm's above water level.

2. Put on the collection cup and see how much skimmage you get and move up or down a little accordingly.

3. If that still doesn't work then you can proceed and use the valves. If the skimmer keep in flooding close the valve on the pump until the level drop appropriately. If it is skimming too dry close the valve on the outlet until the desired level is reached.

Hope you can make sense and that this will help a little as this could take a while to optimize. Sometimes a combination of all above steps is required! Give a shout if still struggling...:thumbup:

Is this the one you have:

76048ad1fa77d3a8.jpg

If so I may be able to help and save some hours sw#@ring! I assume it is skimming way too wet? If that is the case do the following:

1. Keep both valves open(on the pump as well as on the outlet) and move the skimmer till the neck of the skimmer is about 4 cm's above water level.

2. Put on the collection cup and see how much skimmage you get and move up or down a little accordingly.

3. If that still doesn't work then you can proceed and use the valves. If the skimmer keep in flooding close the valve on the pump until the level drop appropriately. If it is skimming too dry close the valve on the outlet until the desired level is reached.

Hope you can make sense and that this will help a little as this could take a while to optimize. Sometimes a combination of all above steps is required! Give a shout if still struggling...

This is the one
Thank you sooo much....really gona help me out alot

It was a pleasure, please let me know what happens!

i will try tonite and let u know...but I think itll take sum time on my part...being new to the game and all. lol

funny these were the skimmers that revolutionised reefkeeping in east london... wish i still had mine :) even if just to stand next to my AM skimmer..

LOL... I still have 3 Jebo's lying around!:lol: They were a bitch to set up without any instructions, many hours spent swearing! The Jebos and Turbo Queens must be with what most reefers first started imo.

Also keep in mind that when you touch the tank with your hands the bubbles inside a skimmer is reduced quite a bit. ie. when you're fiddling trying to tune it get the top of the bubbles to be somewhere around the bottom of the next. This will rise up after you stop fiddling with the tank, should take an hour or 2 to reach it's "final" level.

After leaving it for a bit then check how it's doing and adjust accordingly.

I havnt had the time to upload the pics...ill do that later. But I sukkeled my moer off with the damn thing. Jsut cant get it rite. Im not gona give up...and being the first time im working a skimmer ill keep trying. But it cant be that hard to use?

Heres a few pics....sorry bout bad pic quality. Nokia arnt that good at camera fones.

fththt.gif

2mpwj29.gif

2wntke8.gif

20a4fw2.png

ok...didnt expect them to cum out so beeeg. Wonder wots wrong with tinypic.

Hi Wetty, did your pump come with a venturi device? It would also be better connecting your pump directly to your skimmer and tossing the pipe. If you connect the airpipe to the venturi on the pump it performs way better than when you connect it to the one on the skimmer.

BTW. Try and keep the skimmer upright!;)

Just some food for thought..... a constant water level i.e. using some form of auto top up will go a long way to helping your skimmer work as you want it to !

Hi Wetty, did your pump come with a venturi device? It would also be better connecting your pump directly to your skimmer and tossing the pipe. If you connect the airpipe to the venturi on the pump it performs way better than when you connect it to the one on the skimmer.

BTW. Try and keep the skimmer upright!;)

The pump does have a venturi attachment. Need to connect a piece of airtube with a valve to it. But the skimmer also has the venturi pipe on it.

Also its hard to keep it upright...the bracket leans. lol lol

Hi Wetty, Connect only a air tube to your venturi, no valve as this will restrict your airflow into your skimmer. Connect the venturi connection to the pump and then connect it directly to your skimmer, just remember to close the venturi on the skimmer(The Venturi's built into these skimmers do not function very well!)

hmmm....lemme try this and ill let u guys know

Back
Top Bottom