Turbo Jebo / Queen.

Tom

Reaction score
Just for the fun:
Via Aqua pump into modified Jebo with spares from the airlift skimmer. The pond is my curing tank for LR ;) will see what skimmate I get this week.

DSC07137.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: But you have been busy haven't you.

Actually looks quite good, do my eyes deceive me or is that tube really full of bubbles?

Full of bubbles. Just difficult keeping the level ( Normal Jebo tuning) constant. Will play more next week with pvc tubing. The Via Aqua pump should be able to push the aerated water up quite high, so I will see where the level is with the valves fully open and make that the top of the skimmer. The problem is that the Queens cup pops off if the pressure gets too high.

Haha Geordie ;) this is my curing tub for live rock, but I will post pics of the Jebo tank soon. Had some big changes and the dsb is kicking in as well. All my old corals are back and we have more live rock. Plus a AM 1000 doing its thing in the sump :)

Haha Geordie ;) this is my curing tub for live rock, but I will post pics of the Jebo tank soon. Had some big changes and the dsb is kicking in as well. All my old corals are back and we have more live rock. Plus a AM 1000 doing its thing in the sump :)
What algae etc is in your DSB tom. Just about to get my own going . Any lessons learned so far with it?

I have used sand from summerstrand in Port Elizabeth and seeded it from Kanga and Surgeons tank. Hmm lessons from the do it wrong everytime guy? Leave it alone and don`t keep high flow pumps above it (Cause they shift and cause sand storms) and it seems like keep the lights off it because my cyno is coating it and it cant breathe. With the lights off the cyno is lifting and the dsb breathing.

Hmmmmmmm food for thought.

This being my first dsb I have read piles of stuff but I never thought of cyno.....

Is this common, I have read many have lights on for 24hrs and few with lights off during tank lights on.

This is going to be interesting and testing for me I think..... Cheery!

Sorry Tom don't mean to hijack the thread.......

happy to see that jebo is still providing you with hours of amusement... some good ideas there...

Full of bubbles. Just difficult keeping the level ( Normal Jebo tuning) constant. Will play more next week with pvc tubing. The Via Aqua pump should be able to push the aerated water up quite high, so I will see where the level is with the valves fully open and make that the top of the skimmer. The problem is that the Queens cup pops off if the pressure gets too high.
drill a hole in the skimmer cup !!!

Back
Top Bottom