Tunze Wavebox

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Mathewis, 30 Aug 2009.

1. Mathewis

Mathewis

Im looking for a Tunze Wavebox in any condition.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. scubaninja

scubaninja

PM uncle Tunze

4. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Scuba - Matthewis is asking the reefers/members of MASA. He most likely KNOWS he should be contacting George..... let's see what our fellow reefkeepers on MASA has available....

5. OP
    Mathewis

Mathewis

Thanks Scuba, like jacquesb said I know I can get a new one from George. Hoping that I wouldn't have to go that route and get a 2nd hand one for cheaper.

6. scubaninja

scubaninja

oh i see sorry man. thought it was a bit wierd :p You looking for a nano or a big one for interest sakes?

7. OP
    Mathewis

Mathewis

I would rather like the big one, but the nano would be fine 2. Hows your nano one? Is it strong enough? My tank is going to be roughly 900L but its almost a cubish tank.

8. scubaninja

scubaninja

i dunno, my nano has the new electronic stream 2 pump in it which isnt 2500lph like the old ones but its 5500lph. It managed to get a 35mm wave in my 2metre whichis 1200l but i think that the fact that i had taken nearly all my rock out made a difference. in a tank fully stocked in terms of rocks and corals it might be pushing it, the nano is rated for 600l but what this new pump does to the rating i'm not sure, but it creates hell in my 400l tank, so you might get away with it if you scape right. where's your overflow?

9. OP
    Mathewis

Mathewis

Its the Idol marine C2C type overflow. Adriaan is building the tank. I am going to have minimal rock with only a few large colonies sps. Looking to go with 2 or 3 small islands. Do you roughly know what the nano streams go for?

10. scubaninja

scubaninja

yup. for a nano WB a little less than four grand, if your talking about actual stream pumps that you'll have to google. wave boxes do not go with coast to coast overflows if the wave runs along the c2c. but if the wave runs opposite to the overflow you'll have a splash everytime it goes over, if you raise the water level in the overflow it wont be so bad, but it might be if you cant raise it enough, but a slanted baffle could fix everything in this case. You might get away with it, if you are not so lucky though your wave will not be strong enough and it will defeat the purpose. Dont forget though that its best used in combination with other pumps,

11. OP
    Mathewis

Mathewis

Adriaan has the over flow thing sorted. It will be the same concept they have on the new show tank in the IM shop. I Will have 2 additional Tunze pumps. 1 x 6100 & 1 x 6200 with a Mulitcontroller. Should be enough flow. Think I will later add 1 more pump.

Recent Posts