• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Tunze Wave Box with Stream 2

Hi George. What do you mean by alternating every 5.5 hours.I also have a tunze wavebox and i was thinking i'd switch it off at night time so that the fishies can sleep peacefully. When its lights out it'll only be my sump return line circulating the water. Is this ok. I have a resun wavemaker i could maybe alternate with.

Hi George. What do you mean by alternating every 5.5 hours.I also have a tunze wavebox and i was thinking i'd switch it off at night time so that the fishies can sleep peacefully. When its lights out it'll only be my sump return line circulating the water. Is this ok. I have a resun wavemaker i could maybe alternate with.

Hello Dohn

The whole system is run by a 7095 controller on an interval of 5.5 hrs, every 5.5 hrs which is more or less tide times the wave box switches off and the 2 6105 come on creating a ring flow current the stream 2's are on a pulse mode wich varies on a weekly basis of between 1.5 seconds to 6 seconds ( thier power output varies between 30% to 100% for that 1.5 -6 second setting) This ensures a very efficient detritus removal option.
Please do not connect your resun wavemaker to your wave box you will have a very costly repair.
Pleasae feel free to ask any further questions

George
Tunze SA

I was thinking more a long the lines of using the wavebox during the day, switching it off, and then powering the resun wavemaker up at night from the opposite side of the tank. wasn't going to run it on the same controller, i could maybe use a relay with the photo cell sensor that came with the wave box. When lights go off, wavebox go's off and this charges the relay which powers the resun. when lights come on, wavebox switches on, discharges a relay and the resun switches off.

I was thinking more a long the lines of using the wavebox during the day, switching it off, and then powering the resun wavemaker up at night from the opposite side of the tank. wasn't going to run it on the same controller, i could maybe use a relay with the photo cell sensor that came with the wave box. When lights go off, wavebox go's off and this charges the relay which powers the resun. when lights come on, wavebox switches on, discharges a relay and the resun switches off.

I see no problem with that you could play with the times to suit you, I'm sure after a week or so you will find a happy medium as to times, I find the more varied the flow the better results overall

George
Tunze SA

That looks like a very nice, gentle wave motion there George.

What would I need to set something like this up in a 4ft tank? I'm assuming, the box, a pump and a controller? How does the wavebox fit onto the tank?

That looks like a very nice, gentle wave motion there George.

What would I need to set something like this up in a 4ft tank? I'm assuming, the box, a pump and a controller? How does the wavebox fit onto the tank?

Needed Items For your 4 ft tank
1) Nano wave box in the corner
2) Central or c2c outlet
3) Well constucted tank
4) 50mm space from top of tank and waterlevel
Tha nano wave box comes with it's own magnet & is minute & can be placed any where
5) Sit back & enjoy.

George
Tunze SA

Needed Items For your 4 ft tank
1) Nano wave box in the corner
2) Central or c2c outlet
3) Well constucted tank
4) 50mm space from top of tank and waterlevel
Tha nano wave box comes with it's own magnet & is minute & can be placed any where
5) Sit back & enjoy.

George
Tunze SA

What's the price on that George? My tank is a 1.2L x 400H x 600W

Awesome! One day when I'm big I'm gonna get me a setup like that....

wow it's hypnotizing watching the motion of da ocean! i just replayed that movie about 23 times

now that makes me want a wave box but i don't think it'll mix nicely with the rimless look i'm trying to get with my new tank

say your tank is 700 high, at what level should your water be for the wave not to splash over?

eish and you need a central overflow :(
no ways you can have a peninsula tank with a wavebox?

george do you need to have a central overflow to have a wavebox as i've got a corner overflow? if i turned down the power of the wavebox to a lower flow would that mean i get a smaller wave which may be less hectic on the overflow? I know about the frequency of the waves etc but i'm asking in your experience, do they funtion well in tanks with no central overflow?

george do you need to have a central overflow to have a wavebox as i've got a corner overflow? if i turned down the power of the wavebox to a lower flow would that mean i get a smaller wave which may be less hectic on the overflow? I know about the frequency of the waves etc but i'm asking in your experience, do they funtion well in tanks with no central overflow?

Hello scubaninja

Yes the ideal is a central overflow, and no, you cant turn the power down as the wave box pics up the natural resonance of the tank at a specific frequency dependant on the tanks dimensions.( every tank is different)
You can play a little with the controller to create a double wave, which lowers the end to end height, but that takes very fine adjustments.
The reason a central outlet is required is that when the waveis at the other end no water will go over the spill way for that duration of time.

George
Tunze SA

Hello scubaninja

Yes the ideal is a central overflow, and no, you cant turn the power down as the wave box pics up the natural resonance of the tank at a specific frequency dependant on the tanks dimensions.( every tank is different)
You can play a little with the controller to create a double wave, which lowers the end to end height, but that takes very fine adjustments.
The reason a central outlet is required is that when the waveis at the other end no water will go over the spill way for that duration of time.

George
Tunze SA
yeah i was worried about the fact of the water not flowing over the edge constantly. what fine adjustments would i need to make? the frequency of the wave?

The Fine adjustment would be to find the point where the wave becomes a double wave, that would decrease the ebb & flowas half the force is taken up by the other wave. Which inturn will decrease the height of the wave created.
It is a matter of playing with the supplied controller

George
Tunze SA

Back
Top Bottom