Tunze test kits

Shaun

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
im also looking for good testing equipment whats the most accurate for the best price... as for tunze i dident even know they made test kits....

I am very happy with my Tropic Marin kits. Esp the Ca and Mg combi test. Awesome instructions and easy to use. And apparently top notch accuracy.

difficult one im desperate for something more accurate i dont like the red sea tests the alk is a little vauge in its results.

im also looking for good testing equipment whats the most accurate for the best price... as for tunze i dident even know they made test kits....

best bang for buck and accuracy is lemotte, makes salifert look stupid:p

Have to agree with Phat. The lamotte kits are awesome. Sure, they are not cheap, but you get what you pay for....

for the price of the tests you are suggesting id rather save a bitmore and get the aquamedic electronic testers and probes for ph temp and density... will buy test kits for alk cal and phos.....

I am suggesting the alk and Ca kits from La Motte, wrt density, use a refractometer and pH, I would never buy a pH kit, thats what monitors are there for.
Just wish there was a monitor for alk and an AFFORDABLE monitor for CA.

What about that Hagen test thing that tests almost everything we ever need... think it was like R4k if we keep our tanks for the next 20 years it would surly pay off in the end? Anyone got some info on it?

What about that Hagen test thing that tests almost everything we ever need... think it was like R4k if we keep our tanks for the next 20 years it would surly pay off in the end? Anyone got some info on it?

unfortunatley they arent the most accurate......

SIMS, are you talking about that big electronic thing that millepora had?

i would also go for the Lamotte test kits,seen the po4 test yesterday,very precise!

for the price of the tests you are suggesting id rather save a bitmore and get the aquamedic electronic testers and probes for ph temp and density... will buy test kits for alk cal and phos.....

2 diffrent price ranges dude??:razz: for around a grand you you can have ca,alk,PO4, and for 500 bucks you can get refracto...

how much is the aquamedic goodie?

I have been looking for a good ALK test kit and only can get sera. No stock of TM.

I've found that most Alk / hardness test kits give good correlation, as the test is a very simple titration - it's the calcium kits which deviate the most, and where quality counts.

So, just buy the Sera dKH kit if it's the only one available...

(For what it's worth, I've actually used the Tetra dKH test kit for many years with good results, and only changed to Sera or Tropic Marine because I could not source the Tetra kits at a good price any more...)

Hennie

Back
Top Bottom