Tunze Streamer Clan

Discussion in 'Pumps and Waterflow' started by Ocean, 8 Dec 2008.

1. Ocean

Ocean Lazy Sea Slug

If you have a Tunze pump with or without modifications please post your review and if you have a Tunze with mods please post your review on the mod and how to do it with pics:)

I own two nano streamer 6025 (2500L/H) and I liked the flow on it, but as an experiment I took the front cover off to see what it would do for the flow and now it MUCH more wide spread and its alot stronger, now this is not suitable as the fish could swim into the pump and loose a little weight and shape:nono:. As well as when ever you stop the pump and restart it the impeller falls out and you have to put it back. Will post pics of this tonight.

Hoping our uncle Tunze could help us with a few mods, will pm to ask him.:biggrin:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ocean

Ocean Thread Starter Lazy Sea Slug

I PMed George from Tunze about the mod I did on my pump and this is what he pmed me back

Hello Jason
    By leaving out the front cover you most definetly get a wider flow, however you loose linear movement
    which is not the Idea. If you want more flow rather upgrade to the next Pump level those fronts will stop you having mince meat in your tank. And yes without the fronts the pums shafts will come unstuck and stop. The pumps were not designed to run without the front cover.

George
    Tunze SA

So I put the cover back on the pump it is like it was in the beginning and although it is not as nice as it was, I am still VERY happy with this pump,

please any experience you have had with this pump good or bad please post:)

4. Matt

Matt MASA Contributor

Ocean what i've seen guys do is remove every second bar on the front cover. This definitely increases the flow.

5. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

he he nice thing about vortech is you dont have any mods to do.. takes fiddling out of the equation:razz:

6. Ocean

Matt I am interested in doing this but if I had to screw it up could I get spair parts for it? Will maybe post pics tonight of a possible mod that I would want to do on my Nano Steamer. If I can get spair parts I will do your mod matt.

Jason

7. Monti

Monti

Ill play along.

I have 4 Tunze nano Streamers in my 250 litre cube.

2x 6045 and 2x 6055.

Very easy to setup and very silent operation. Really quality pumps, and perfect for the smaller tank. Not as obtrusive as some of the other pumps on the market. The magnets are small, but very strong (watch your fingers and your glass)

Controllers are easy to use, if a little cheapish looking.

I am running both of the 6055's each on single controllers- one with a longer pulse, one with a shorter pulse. One is connected to a battery backup which has been tested to last about 4 days or so.

I also have a photocell attached, which dials the one 6055 down to its minimum flow setting when my lights go off. Cool little feature IMO.

Biggest problem in my opinion is the cost. Quite pricy, but then, these are great little pumps.

8. leslie hempel

i think its time i request pic's i have always been confused as to the various models and just never had the time to check whats what.. please post if you can..

9. patrickw

patrickw

Hi gents,I can not understand how you could possibly want more flow from the tunze's.I have 3 6105 streams running in my 800l and am running them at 15Volts (not 24 Volts) at an average setting of 20% of max power running a sine wave.These pumps rock,so if you're not getting the right flow don't use a bmw engine in a ferrari.
    My 2 cents.

10. leslie hempel

welcome patrikw.. nice participation there..

11. Monti

Monti

I agree, very confusing system, BUT, the nanostreams all look the same, and the new streams also look rather like the nanostreams (from the pics Ive seen),although the outlets may be bigger?

Last edited: 11 Dec 2008
  12. Ocean

leslie will post pics from the tunze site now.

13. leslie hempel

this will be cool it will definatley provide some clarity to potential buyers...

14. Punk

Punk

if all goes according to plan i'll be putting in the following in my new 1400l display:
    1 x 6201 @ 22,000l/h each
    3 x 6101 @ 12,000l/h each
    2 x 6100 @ 12,000l/h each

i'm also getting some of the new streamers depending on price when they arrive in a week or so...

i'm going to control them with my 7095 multicontroller that can handle up to 8 pumps...

hope this will be cool flow, i'm still not sure if i want to do the mod or just run them standard, those covers are very expensive?

cheers
    ant
    :)

15. Ocean

his is the Tunze 6025(2500L/H) AND 6045s(4500L/H) look:

[​IMG]
    Here is the 6055s(6055L/H) its the same size and shape just with a transformer 12/24v AC and is meant to be on a controller:

[​IMG]
    Here is a copy of the info off the Tunze website about the 6055:

Turbelle® nanostream® electronic

Turbelle® nanostream® 6055 is an electronic speed controlled pump operating on safety extra-low voltage. It is ideal for use in every aquarium with a volume of 40 to 500 litres (10.5 to 132 USgal.) permitting washing of waves or simulating tidal currents. It contains a new microprocessor-controlled motor and thus can be called an “intelligent pump”:
    The electronic motor adapts its speed automatically to the pump load and always seeks the best efficiency at the lowest possible consumption of energy. This energy consumption is about 30 per cent lower than in conventional pump motors.
    The pump will be stopped immediately in case of blockage. After the blockage has been removed, the pump will start up automatically after a delay of 20 seconds.
    The pump driver has been provided with a fish care function, which causes a revolution of the screw every twenty seconds when the pump is at a standstill.
    All pumps with an electronic motor can be controlled by Multicontroller 7094 and 7095 as well as by Singlecontroller 7091.
    As a standard feature, Turbelle® nanostream® is supplied with a magnetic holder, which enables uncomplicated attachment at any position on the aquarium pane.

Also the new tunze 6105/6205/6305 are all of the same design but with bigger outlets and bigger demotions, here is the tunze 6205(22000L/H) which is also AC but 100/240v and can be put on a controller:

[​IMG]
    Hope this helps les

16. Ocean

Ok you do get spair covers for the Tunze, will ask uncle Tunze if he brings them in.

17. Ocean

18. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

did you know that tunze was the 1st company in the World to create the flow pump and it was called the Turbelle? This was about 40 years ago.:thumbup:

19. leslie hempel

i definatley wouldent mind adding two to my 4ft to compare to the vortech...

20. Ocean

Im am going to try and get Tunze front covers if i can i will mod it to see the difference in power, who has read this thread, or some of it?

21. Punk

Punk

i read some of it thanks for the link! :thumbup:

the wiki was especially helpful: Tunze 6025 Mods - SDMASWiki

i'm just too scared to try it, don't want to break the pumps, how much does the covers go for?

cheers
    ant

Recent Posts