Tunze nano skimmer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i am looking at convering a 76cm freshwater tank of mine into a smallish reef with pipe fish and soft corals. I have been looking at the Tunze intank skimmer - are they any good?

Hi Henk - no - I don't know this skimmer you are talking about - I can only presume that it must be ok to good ;-)

BUT, as an alternative - what about a "hang-on filter and skimmer in-one"? Not too sure of brands - I will investigate and post some more info as soon as I have some....

Cheers!
Jacques

OK - found a link to the skimmer you are talking about - right?
http://www.aqua-africa.co.za/NonoDocSkimmers.asp

This one?

I am sure it will do a decent job and won't look TOO intrusive (perhaps hide it away with some live-rock?) in a nano-tank....

so lets add a curve ball to this... Reef Octo makes a stunning little hang on skimmer... for half the price...:biggrin:

Henk I'm not sure of this particular model but as far as Reef Octo goes, IMHO it's one of the best Bang for Buck skimmers in SA at the moment.

henk if u looking for a hang on skimmer , the aqua medic biostar flotor is excellant , trust me

Never used one personally but I do know of a couple of people that have bought them and say they work like a dream, millepora (eco-aquatics) sells them I think.

i got Mills's price lists here.... i'm torn between using the hand on skimmer and actually putting a normal insump stkimmer in the tank....

Hang on skimmer, why take up precious real estate with a skimmer.

Agree with Alan but why not add a small sump? If you put in a standard 1foot (15l) you can get a TS1 from mille they work great?

i do not want to drill the tank and nor do i want to go to the trouble.... i'll look at the hangon Reeftek one again.... tomorrow at least... just came back from a day of flying to i am heeeeeeecticly tired

Why not convert that slightly bigger tank rather and leave the plants and brown fish in the small tank or maybe toilet cistern... :D

Back
Top Bottom