• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Tunze 7096 controller not installing com ports

Reaction score
OK so I have always been very happy with my Tunze and when setting up the new tank decided to use them. Very good choice.

Did initial programming (which went fine) , but now wanted to do some "tweaking"....this is where my problems start. All of a sudden I get the well known "no unit found" error. After unplugging in / out , retrying several times etc. the error changed to "the port name does not start with COM blah blah blah...."

So I decided to uninstall the program (and the port associated with it) and re install. Still no joy, actually the program didnt add the port by itself (i had to add one manually)

I have googled to hearts content and tried all the fixes on the other forums, no use

I am running the latest updates from Tunze website.

ANY help please

OK so I have always been very happy with my Tunze and when setting up the new tank decided to use them. Very good choice.

Did initial programming (which went fine) , but now wanted to do some "tweaking"....this is where my problems start. All of a sudden I get the well known "no unit found" error. After unplugging in / out , retrying several times etc. the error changed to "the port name does not start with COM blah blah blah...."

So I decided to uninstall the program (and the port associated with it) and re install. Still no joy, actually the program didnt add the port by itself (i had to add one manually)

I have googled to hearts content and tried all the fixes on the other forums, no use

ANY help please

I suggest that you download the latest driver anyway, just to be safe. Grab the 32bit driver version (if you are not running the 64bit version).

Last edited:
Follow these easy steps:

1) Take the controller in your hands (be careful not do drop it)
2) Go place it firmly on the grass outside
3) Take a 9 Iron Golf club
4) Take a few practice swings to loosen yourself up
5) Aim for the middle of the controller
6) Pull back, and swing as hard as possible, making sure to hit the controller cleanly...
7) Again, carefully carry what is left of it in your hands, making sure not to drop it, back to your tank.
8) Try again to install.

Note: If process does not work, try again untill succesfull, or alternatively just go and buy some SunSun pumps...

ANY help please

Contact the agent

Contact the agent

Too true George, I think we spoke about this a while ago and the fix you suggested worked...just strange that it's now on its own mission again so I thought maybe someone else experienced a similar issue with a quick fix.

Your suggestions will be appreciated though :)

Follow these easy steps:

1) Take the controller in your hands (be careful not do drop it)
2) Go place it firmly on the grass outside
3) Take a 9 Iron Golf club
4) Take a few practice swings to loosen yourself up
5) Aim for the middle of the controller
6) Pull back, and swing as hard as possible, making sure to hit the controller cleanly...
7) Again, carefully carry what is left of it in your hands, making sure not to drop it, back to your tank.
8) Try again to install.

Note: If process does not work, try again untill succesfull, or alternatively just go and buy some SunSun pumps...

:lol::lol: I was planning on doing a "Hard Reboot" (emphasys being on BOOT if I dont get any help from MASA (I dont own gholf clubs , I live at the ocean ;))

I suggest that you download the latest driver anyway, just to be safe. Grab the 32bit driver version (if you are not running the 64bit version).

Thanx tjiPPI , think I am going to try this as well

Back
Top Bottom