Tubeworm Question ?

Reaction score
Do tubeworm have predators. Do their heads come off when they die.

Found this one floating around in my tank.

The actual tube is still in place but now looks empty

52847ced17a342c5.jpg

I believe quite a few fish such as dwarf angels and butterflies might try eat tubeworms.

The worm will dump it's feathery head if it is stressed, so something in your tank may be bugging it

So is it dead ? I have 4 other units and they as happy as pigs in shit

Leave it alone, it might grow another head, they can do it a few times without dying, is there enough food in there for 4 of them?

Leave it alone, it might grow another head, they can do it a few times without dying, is there enough food in there for 4 of them?

If there not enough natural food, they feed coral frenzy twice a week, so I am sure they have enough.

If there not enough natural food, they feed coral frenzy twice a week, so I am sure they have enough.

What live stock do you have in the tank?

My vote is the Coral beauty is bothering the tubeworms.

They are known to shed their crowns when stressed, it will grow back eventually, the worm will still be in the tube and will start developing a new crown.

Hey Viper,

Whats the food called for these worms?
Where can I get it? JHB
No food needed, just decent water quality, if you really want to then you could feed them small amounts of something like Marine Snow or Coral Frenzy, they are filter feeders so will feed on whatever is in the water column.

Most pet shops should sell these.

Back
Top Bottom