Tube/Fan Worm!

tinusb

Shrimp
Reaction score
Hey all! Can somebody please direct me to a LFS that has a coco fanworm? [I think that's the name]. Will be in CT next weekend [first weekend in May] and want to get one :) My tank's only been running now for about 2 weeks - will it be ok to put one in?

Rgds :)
Tinus:):):):):)

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Tinus: only put it in once the tank has fully cycled mate

shan

Chromis
Reaction score
as matt said - you need to test your water and when your ammonia and nitrite and nitrate are at 0 then start to put stuff in one at a time - check out our sponsor dorry pets - was there on monday and he has some nice ones.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys - unfortunately Tinus lives in Windhoek, and is ONLY coming to Cape Town for 2 days, next weekend.

So - I am QUITE sure that he would appreciate it to hear from someone who has visited one of the Cape Town LFS' in the past week or so, who knows if the LFS actually has a fan-worm or not.

What Tinus is NOT telling - is that the tank have actually been "cycling" for the past few weeks.
BUT, he had coral rock in the tank as well as sand/gravel in at the time (running with a smallish skimmer) - they only added the first pieces of live rock 2 weeks ago....

Alfie

Hawkfish
Reaction score
tinusb, I have not been to any of the LFS in the last week so I can't help. I know that SAMS nomally has a few lying around.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Ok - Tinus - so try Aqua Concepts (in the new shopping/business mall next to the M5/N1 interchange), and Sams - Sams Aquarium is in Bergvliet (along the M3 highway towards Tokai, take the "Ladies Mile" turnoff - at the robot at the top of the turn off - turn right, then continue past a small shopping mall on the right, an Engen garage on the left, around a traffic circle (straight ahead), and then at the next robot turn right)....

tinusb

Shrimp
Reaction score
hmmmm seems like next saturday is going to be way too short...

Looking for:

Hermit Crabs
Snails
Peppermint Shrimps
Fanworms

T :whistling: