Tube Anemones in tank with other Anemones?

Reaction score
Hello Reefers

Could one put Tube Anemones in a tank with either Neon bubble tip Anemone or Sand Anemone? Do they also move around?

I'm not sure of their compatibility with other anemones but you ideally need a deep sand bed for them to bury their tube in, If your sand bed is shallow I've seen people use short pvc pipes filled with sand as a home for the tube anemones.

I'm not sure of their compatibility with other anemones but you ideally need a deep sand bed for them to bury their tube in, If your sand bed is shallow I've seen people use short pvc pipes filled with sand as a home for the tube anemones.
Thanx for telling me that, will read up about it. I wasn’t aware at all!!!

Thanx for telling me that, will read up about it. I wasn’t aware at all!!!
I’m sure I can just stick them inside the pipes filled with sand then at a diagonal level?!

I think @Hails has first hand experience with these, hopefully she can offer some advice.

They can move a bit but it's more shedding their protective layer and popping up in a new spot from the gravel. I personally wouldn't keep them with other nennies or fish.

They can move a bit but it's more shedding their protective layer and popping up in a new spot from the gravel. I personally wouldn't keep them with other nennies or fish.
Thank you for the feedback!

Had mine together for at least 3 years before my inferno decided to split and disappear.

Had mine together for at least 3 years before my inferno decided to split and disappear.
What??? Dissapear?

I had a whole colony of pulsing Xenia that dissapeared overnight! Just melted away! I couldn’t believe it, it was a string and thickly grown colony! Poof!

What??? Dissapear?

I had a whole colony of pulsing Xenia that dissapeared overnight! Just melted away! I couldn’t believe it, it was a string and thickly grown colony! Poof!
*strong

yip its a common thing with inferno annenomes. for some reason no one knows if they unhappy they go into hiding. sometimes they come out but sometimes they dont. my inferno for instance split into two. the main annenome went into hiding. the split started to walk around. the split eventually split into two. but they were never happy. always walked around. ive been told just to leave them and they will eventually settle. mine never did. Both eventually bleached and then also just vanished. So in total i lost 3 inferno's:m27:

yip its a common thing with inferno annenomes. for some reason no one knows if they unhappy they go into hiding. sometimes they come out but sometimes they dont. my inferno for instance split into two. the main annenome went into hiding. the split started to walk around. the split eventually split into two. but they were never happy. always walked around. ive been told just to leave them and they will eventually settle. mine never did. Both eventually bleached and then also just vanished. So in total i lost 3 inferno's:m27:
That’s awful, especially if one is doing all you can to make them happy. There is so much to learn about this hobby! Have a couple of fish and peppermint shrimp that disappeared into thin air, no evidence, no bodies, no nothing, went straight to heaven! Hehehehe!
I rearranged my tank this morning, made a nice grotto with thich sand for my two new tube anenomes coming, will post a photo when they are settled! Happy Monday!

Put the two tube anemones in their little grotto, fed them, they looked happy .....and tonight I saw the one turned her back on me! :tt2::m15::m28:......I’m turning her back tomorrow!!!:m38::m12:

Attachments

• A2537C7D-3E57-472A-B024-ABD99CF41C30.jpeg
    A2537C7D-3E57-472A-B024-ABD99CF41C30.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom