TS2- Reef Octopus Skimmer- REEFTEK

Rod

Reaction score
Hi Anybody else had problems with the needle wheel fitted to the OTP-2000 fitted to the TS2 Skimmer? I have had two breakup on me. By this I mean the plastic pin wheels separating.

Nope not at all, have a ts 3 with 2 of those and gave my ts2 to my sister who also has had no hassles.

Nope, I have the TS3 with 2 pumps on, no problems.

using ts1 , first pump gave up , juts stopped working , but andrew replaced no probs now

Mine also has no problems at all. Are you sure the pump is not damaged by something that gets sucked into the pump?

Ok I see where the confusion is, this thread is called TS2 - Reef Octopus, it should be TS2 - Reeftek.

Reeftek Skimmers are all in-sump skimmers, TS1, TS2, TS3 and TS4

Reef Octopus are all external skimmers, DNW-200 etc.

Yes it was a bit confusing. The pumps however are the same.
I solved my problem by glueing the pin wheels with superglue.

on 2 ocassions i had the OTP 1000 blow up.but now the new one is fine.the impellor just seized.this was on my CArx.

What are we saying, these products are dodgy ? batch problems ? entire range ?

What are we saying, these products are dodgy ? batch problems ? entire range ?
Not at all. In my opinion extremely good value for money to performance ratio. I learnt the hard way and went through 4 different skimmers before eventually buying a Reeftek TS3, as far as I am concerned one of the best purchases I ever made for my tank. The performance of this skimmer is outstanding, some guys have run them in tandem with the big Deltec skimmers and the Deltec's pretty much came to a grinding halt compared to the Octopus and Reeftek skimmers.

Ok I see where the confusion is, this thread is called TS2 - Reef Octopus, it should be TS2 - Reeftek.

Reeftek Skimmers are all in-sump skimmers, TS1, TS2, TS3 and TS4

Reef Octopus are all external skimmers, DNW-200 etc.

Thanks Viper, I was a bit confused.:slayer: What size tank is the TS2 rated for?

Back
Top Bottom