TS2 question

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by danimal, 6 Nov 2009.

1. danimal

danimal

Hey guys

When it comes to cleaning a TS2 - removing the collection cup a few times a week is obvious, but what about the middle section just below the collection cup? I find that it fill with water up to the top of the black conical part, and over time this gets quite manky. I usually siphon it out but its quite a mission to clean properly. normally my water level sits just above the outlet adjuster pipe, and i get decent enough skimmate forming in the collection cup. i hope this makes sense :)

am i being a complete idiot? :whistling:

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

my middle part is full of water from the sump, and only get skimmate in the top cup

4. lIghty

lIghty

Ok, you need to raise the water level inside to skimmer to the blue line, so that the water just starts to trikkle out of the "cut away", external water level should sit just above the chamber inlet (from the pump). WRT dirt settling on top of the black plate, when cleaning the skimmer cup just wash around with your hand or twist it out and rinse it.

Where the water exits the skimmer (where the black foam is) there should be a sliding tube pipe, that is adjusted to increase / decrease water level inside the skimmer, seems like yours is missing?

[​IMG]

5. danimal

danimal Thread Starter

thanks guys. when i bought the skimmer the adjuster was missing, went back and they made a plan for me so that's not a problem. i'll raise it up on some eggcrate or something and sort out those water levels :thumbup:

6. lIghty

lIghty

Cool, keep us posted!

7. clinton stanford

clinton stanford

i have the same problem...i build a box out of eggcrate and the water level is in line with the base of the first collection cup [just above the reeftech logo] and is working much better.i also get alot of gunk in the first collection cup over time....but i just siphon it out and once a month i take my whole skimmer out and give it a good clean.:)

8. lIghty

lIghty

You okes in Slum town are just to bored:whistling: :lol::lol::lol:

Mine is lucky if it get a clean every 6 months:p

9. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

I got Copepods and Bristle worms running around on the black plate in the gunk. Got one of the older designs were the plate can not come out.

10. danimal

danimal Thread Starter

it's like a tiny refugium!

11. lIghty

lIghty

LOL Riaan, mine too as it's also the old type.
    Posted via Mobile Device

12. Tony

Tony

Dont stress about the stuff that collects in that second cup. If it bugs you then clean it out but it wont affect the skimmer performance

Recent Posts